Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 332

Thread: Army May 2021

  1. #21
    Registered User. starty's Avatar

    Join Date;
    8th July, 2015.
    Location;
    UK.
    Posts;
    2,646.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Army May 2021

    You've got yourself a large working dog Molls However I have known quite a few gorgeous calm dobies but the puppy stage especially in big dogs does go on. Also they go through stages. Around 18 months can be quite a nervy stage and lots of confidence needed to help them through.

    I am so angry at all the lockdown dogs people got and the bewilderment in some folks when they go back to work and realise that dog is not so happy to be left.

  2. Likes Guitarista liked this post
  3. #22
    Forum Subscriber. JackieClaire's Avatar

    Join Date;
    5th September, 2008.
    Location;
    England.
    Posts;
    38,597.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Army May 2021

    I'd like to see immense fines and their name on a register............that's after I given them a good talking to with my right foot.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

  4. #23
    Forum Subscriber. mollyka's Avatar

    Join Date;
    2nd March, 2009.
    Location;
    Ireland.
    Posts;
    3,020.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Army May 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by starty View Post
    You've got yourself a large working dog Molls However I have known quite a few gorgeous calm dobies but the puppy stage especially in big dogs does go on. Also they go through stages. Around 18 months can be quite a nervy stage and lots of confidence needed to help them through.

    I am so angry at all the lockdown dogs people got and the bewilderment in some folks when they go back to work and realise that dog is not so happy to be left.
    Oh believe you me I didn't get him....Joe did...and he's perfectly happy..it's me that's whinging...he's loving all the antics and in fairness he does all the chores attached to a pup...I just can't get past the fact this was imposed on me...my plans for the garden...gone...etc etc etc...sorry...i know youre all dog lovers but my childhood was tainted by dogs and now my retirement will be at risk...I'll get over it....Joe's like a pig in shit so I'll leave it at that!!!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

  5. #24
    Registered User. rustop59's Avatar

    Join Date;
    31st August, 2011.
    Posts;
    1,824.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Army May 2021

    Afternoon everyone. Sorry to hear about the arthritis Starty, hope the oil works for you. Feel for you with the dog Molly. I’m the same with this fella. Didn’t want a big dog and he was only meant to be here until boyfriend got a house. Romance over and I’m stuck with dog. He is a lot of work compared to the little ones who are more like cats and I can’t leave him behind when going on walks. I let him off lead and he runs and runs, makes for a peaceful day for everyone. Skip full, the feeling of satisfaction is immense.

  6. #25
    Forum Subscriber. mollyka's Avatar

    Join Date;
    2nd March, 2009.
    Location;
    Ireland.
    Posts;
    3,020.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Army May 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by rustop59 View Post
    Afternoon everyone. Sorry to hear about the arthritis Starty, hope the oil works for you. Feel for you with the dog Molly. I’m the same with this fella. Didn’t want a big dog and he was only meant to be here until boyfriend got a house. Romance over and I’m stuck with dog. He is a lot of work compared to the little ones who are more like cats and I can’t leave him behind when going on walks. I let him off lead and he runs and runs, makes for a peaceful day for everyone. Skip full, the feeling of satisfaction is immense.
    oh I didn't realise the big lad was permanent with you --- yeah it's a sort of sense of grievance when it wasn't what we planned huh?? Max is a sweetheart -- he's a big gentle slobbering lump - he'd love you to death... my kids all have what they call 'Max clothes' when they visit cos of slobber..and I wouldn't be great with little dogs either.. a lot of them seemed to bite ankles and bark a lot when I was little... but we have fields across the road - the farmer has sold them and the new owners are nowhere to be seen - so he gallops around there as much as he's allowed and comes back and collapses in the back garden... I shouldn't be giving out about him - I've been gardening the last two hours and he just mooched around with me --so no more giving out from me -- and that's IT!!!

    Joe is going to find a really nice boarding kennel for him so we can go on the bike for a few days in July - not long -- just as our solo debut ;-)

    and now -- my big news -- and this makes me really excited -- we have a forgotten about little area down the bottom of the garden - never use it - it has steps into it and a wee pond and trees and shit -- Joe is going to put a fence around it with a wee gate -- SO I CAN GARDEN!!! It will be MY area -- Joe and dog can have the rest of it -- but it'll be mine!!! I'm already planting seeds! now I'm thinkin -- why am I wanting to move house... sorry -- I'm just thinking out loud -- enjoy the rest of your day Army and ignore my drivel xx

    oh P.S. --- skip envy multiplied by million -- I LOVE skips!!!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

  7. Likes Guitarista liked this post
  8. #26
    Registered User. starty's Avatar

    Join Date;
    8th July, 2015.
    Location;
    UK.
    Posts;
    2,646.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Army May 2021

    Awww that is fab news Molls! Having your own space will make such a difference to how you feel about doggo. And it sounds like he is getting used to your habits. Casey hates me doing exercises and jumps up at me and is a general pain in the hole. Today he followed me into the bedroom and fell asleep while I was doing my pilates. All I could hear was his very loud snores. It was wonderful

    What sort of doggo is your Rustop? It does make such a difference when they can wear themselves out. Took Fen the lurcher for a 5 mile walk today and he has been out for the count all day. Perfect

  9. Likes Guitarista liked this post
  10. #27
    Forum Subscriber. JackieClaire's Avatar

    Join Date;
    5th September, 2008.
    Location;
    England.
    Posts;
    38,597.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Army May 2021

    That's fab news ,Molls. You're own little haven. Do you still have your hammock? or am I thinking of someone else. Is it just Max that can't come in or can we come round for a cuppa?

    Gearing up for the last episode Of Line of Duty.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

  11. Likes Guitarista liked this post
  12. #28
    Forum Subscriber. mollyka's Avatar

    Join Date;
    2nd March, 2009.
    Location;
    Ireland.
    Posts;
    3,020.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Army May 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by starty View Post
    Awww that is fab news Molls! Having your own space will make such a difference to how you feel about doggo. And it sounds like he is getting used to your habits. Casey hates me doing exercises and jumps up at me and is a general pain in the hole. Today he followed me into the bedroom and fell asleep while I was doing my pilates. All I could hear was his very loud snores. It was wonderful

    What sort of doggo is your Rustop? It does make such a difference when they can wear themselves out. Took Fen the lurcher for a 5 mile walk today and he has been out for the count all day. Perfect
    Sounds so civilised Starts --- maybe some day............

    Quote Originally Posted by JackieClaire View Post
    That's fab news ,Molls. You're own little haven. Do you still have your hammock? or am I thinking of someone else. Is it just Max that can't come in or can we come round for a cuppa?

    Gearing up for the last episode Of Line of Duty.
    The tree that the hammock hung out of died so it hasn't been used for a while -- probably in the shed... must mention it to himself!
    Everyone on two legs is welcome into my wee garden -- just give me a year or two to make it habitable -- it has literally grown completely wild since we stopped using it... 'found' a japanese maple in there today!

    Only seen 4 episodes of Line of Duty -- so may have to avoid tinternet for a few days.....
    Last edited by mollyka; May 2nd, 2021 at 02:23 PM.
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

  13. #29
    Forum Subscriber. satz123's Avatar

    Join Date;
    6th May, 2009.
    Location;
    IRELAND.
    Posts;
    17,831.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Army May 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by mollyka View Post
    Oh believe you me I didn't get him....Joe did...and he's perfectly happy..it's me that's whinging...he's loving all the antics and in fairness he does all the chores attached to a pup...I just can't get past the fact this was imposed on me...my plans for the garden...gone...etc etc etc...sorry...i know youre all dog lovers but my childhood was tainted by dogs and now my retirement will be at risk...I'll get over it....Joe's like a pig in shit so I'll leave it at that!!!
    Sorry for laughing Molls - but you do have a way with words that makes me laugh.
    He sounds great Max the Mutt.
    I wasn't always a dog lover - only came on me in the past 4 / 5 years - I blame no grandkids. Needed something to care for I suppose.

    With regard to digging etc. all I know is Rosie, when in puppyhood started digging yer man's garden - he wasn't happy.
    Back in the recess of my mind I remembered that if you leave a plastic bottle half full of water lying in the spot where a dog digs it stops them.

    It WORKED. She never went back. I noticed the bottle is still there today
    Last edited by satz123; May 2nd, 2021 at 04:42 PM.
    Benji ....
    Doing it my way


    .... the joy of being sober never gets old !!

  14. #30
    Forum Subscriber. satz123's Avatar

    Join Date;
    6th May, 2009.
    Location;
    IRELAND.
    Posts;
    17,831.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Army May 2021

    Oh and take heart @mollyka - in a month or two he'll learn words & also know when you are annoyed with him.
    First word to teach him "NO" when he runs 'round messing your garden.
    Oh & never laugh when he does something cute but makes a mess - he'll keep doing it .... to make you happy.

    Therein is the height of my knowledge of madras ....
    Last edited by satz123; May 2nd, 2021 at 04:45 PM.
    Benji ....
    Doing it my way


    .... the joy of being sober never gets old !!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •