Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 77

Thread: Army June 2021

  1. #21
    Forum Subscriber. mollyka's Avatar

    Join Date;
    2nd March, 2009.
    Location;
    Ireland.
    Posts;
    3,020.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Army June 2021

    Good to see you Benjy -- it is hard when there's nothing to say -- I've made a discovery in the last wee while -- have been eating more sweets - particularly on holiday - and twice now I've fasted for 2-3 days -- anything sweet tastes disgusting -- dunno how long it lasts but I'd happily fast again if I find myself digging into the biscuit tin...

    Desperately tired tonight -- just not sure I'm going to last fulltime much longer - unfortunately there isn't an option to go shorter - and tbh it doesn't really appeal -- sort of feel I'd have the worst of two worlds - like you say Rusters -- when at home I'd be expected to do housework and washing and shite that I don't touch these days -- and at work I would be sort of out of the loop -- not sure .. anyway it's academic at the moment cos I need the money!!

    Off to bed now -- early start tomorrow -- night folks
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

  2. Likes Guitarista, fickle liked this post
  3. #22
    Forum Subscriber. JackieClaire's Avatar

    Join Date;
    5th September, 2008.
    Location;
    England.
    Posts;
    38,597.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Army June 2021

    @satz123.............you are missed when we don't see you.
    Now its over 24 hours since the squabble of the century I now can't even remember why or how it kicked off. I'm not resentful.....a tad jealous that he gets to talk to other grown-ups is a defo though.....its been done for millions and I'd lay odds that this had happened in more than a few homes.

    Peace reigns again at JC Mansion.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

  4. Likes Guitarista, fickle liked this post
  5. #23
    Forum Subscriber. satz123's Avatar

    Join Date;
    6th May, 2009.
    Location;
    IRELAND.
    Posts;
    17,831.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Army June 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by mollyka View Post
    Good to see you Benjy -- it is hard when there's nothing to say -- I've made a discovery in the last wee while -- have been eating more sweets - particularly on holiday - and twice now I've fasted for 2-3 days -- anything sweet tastes disgusting -- dunno how long it lasts but I'd happily fast again if I find myself digging into the biscuit tin...
    Molls fasting
    - couldn't do fast for 3 days. Especially as I do all the cooking here and love me grub ......
    Benji ....
    Doing it my way


    .... the joy of being sober never gets old !!

  6. Likes Guitarista, fickle liked this post
  7. #24
    Forum Subscriber. satz123's Avatar

    Join Date;
    6th May, 2009.
    Location;
    IRELAND.
    Posts;
    17,831.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Army June 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by JackieClaire View Post
    I'm not resentful.....a tad jealous that he gets to talk to other grown-ups is a defo though.....its been done for millions and I'd lay odds that this had happened in more than a few homes.
    @JackieClaire .... I didn't mean resentful in a mad bad way ...... I thought jealous sounded a bit juvenile .... so a mixture of the two. Rejelful....
    Benji ....
    Doing it my way


    .... the joy of being sober never gets old !!

  8. Likes fickle liked this post
  9. #25
    Forum Subscriber. JackieClaire's Avatar

    Join Date;
    5th September, 2008.
    Location;
    England.
    Posts;
    38,597.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Army June 2021

    Morning and waves to the universe

    Quote Originally Posted by satz123 View Post
    @JackieClaire .... I didn't mean resentful in a mad bad way ...... I thought jealous sounded a bit juvenile .... so a mixture of the two. Rejelful....
    Rejelful is spot on.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

  10. Likes fickle liked this post
  11. #26
    Registered User. rustop59's Avatar

    Join Date;
    31st August, 2011.
    Posts;
    1,824.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Army June 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by JackieClaire View Post
    Morning and waves to the universe



    Rejelful is spot on.
    😂😂 love it. Afternoon everyone. Good to see you back Satz. Heading west in a little while. Not sure what the internet will be like so have a lovely weekend everyone.

  12. Likes byebyebridgetjones, fickle liked this post
  13. #27
    Forum Subscriber. mollyka's Avatar

    Join Date;
    2nd March, 2009.
    Location;
    Ireland.
    Posts;
    3,020.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Army June 2021

    Have a brilliant time Rusters...green jealous I am!!! Hopefully you can connect while you're over there...
    Evening all else ..I'm falling down tired like I've never felt so going to bed...night night
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

  14. Likes fickle liked this post
  15. #28
    Forum Subscriber. IamMary's Avatar

    Join Date;
    14th June, 2015.
    Posts;
    3,942.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Army June 2021

    Lying on my bed too Molly.. have to get up and be the gofor shortly. Didnt run tonight, had to get 3 fillings (1 just a replacement cos she didnt like it) which involved 4 injections. My face is still slightly lopsided and its 4.5 hours since my appointment!! I was giving out to one of my daughters earlier about something and she just burst out laughing at my speech impediment

    Have a fantastic weekend Rustop! weather looking good. I'll be sending my middle child over that direction early next week too.

    Molly, your just getting back into working again, your bound to be wrecked for a while. Plus its v humid out, that alone zaps the energy out of you.

    Glad you and Mr JC are sorted @JackieClaire, no harm at all to have a good barney and clear the air every now and then.

    Welcome home @satz123, we missed you. How's YS? and how are the wedding plans coming along? How many guests do you think you can have?
    Last edited by IamMary; June 3rd, 2021 at 03:21 PM.
    AF - July 19th 2015

  16. Likes fickle liked this post
  17. #29
    Forum Subscriber. satz123's Avatar

    Join Date;
    6th May, 2009.
    Location;
    IRELAND.
    Posts;
    17,831.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Army June 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by IamMary View Post
    Lying on my bed too Molly.. have to get up and be the gofor shortly. Didnt run tonight, had to get 3 fillings (1 just a replacement cos she didnt like it) which involved 4 injections. My face is still slightly lopsided and its 4.5 hours since my appointment!! I was giving out to one of my daughters earlier about something and she just burst out laughing at my speech impediment

    Have a fantastic weekend Rustop! weather looking good. I'll be sending my middle child over that direction early next week too.

    Molly, your just getting back into working again, your bound to be wrecked for a while. Plus its v humid out, that alone zaps the energy out of you.

    Glad you and Mr JC are sorted @JackieClaire, no harm at all to have a good barney and clear the air every now and then.

    Welcome home @satz123, we missed you. How's YS? and how are the wedding plans coming along? How many guests do you think you can have?
    Poor Mers
    YS is sober & visited first time in 5 weeks - and off we go again >>>>
    Wedding is 30th July .... everything is sorted since last year ..... 'cept change of church , change of dress , & 50 allowed now. 'Tis enough thank you !!

    Good News of the day :
    After 7 interviews DD was offered a job in Germany as a director of TV & Broadband Company - mega bucks - she's accepted

    Exciting times ahead for the newly weds. He is taking redundancy package from his job here and will be a kept man or open a bookshop.
    The company pack up & ship / store all their stuff - fly them over to Munich , pay for their apartment up to 5k a month, pay for German lessons.
    Of course Mammy must go & visit - A LOT !!!!!
    Benji ....
    Doing it my way


    .... the joy of being sober never gets old !!

  18. Likes fickle liked this post
  19. #30
    Forum Subscriber. techie's Avatar

    Join Date;
    24th November, 2009.
    Posts;
    14,916.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Army June 2021

    Hola Army. Wonderful to see you @satz123 :-)

  20. Thanks satz123 thanked for this post
    Likes fickle liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •