Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    Registered User.

    Join Date;
    31st October, 2014.
    Posts;
    331.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Alternatively to alcohol on the way at last

    https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/hangover-free-booze-conjured-controversial-180000072.html

  2. #2
    Forum Subscriber. techie's Avatar

    Join Date;
    24th November, 2009.
    Posts;
    19,184.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alternatively to alcohol on the way at last

    It has been around for sometime. It’s called water!

  3. Likes Mulburry, Byrdlady liked this post
  4. #3
    Registered User.

    Join Date;
    31st October, 2014.
    Posts;
    331.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alternatively to alcohol on the way at last

    Quote Originally Posted by techie View Post
    It has been around for sometime. It’s called water!
    Water making you feel like you've had 2 beers?? Don't think so

  5. #4
    Forum Subscriber. techie's Avatar

    Join Date;
    24th November, 2009.
    Posts;
    19,184.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alternatively to alcohol on the way at last

    There is no shortcut to sobriety. It takes courage, strength, and a willingness to live a better life. You have to remove alcohol from your completely, not rely on a substance that mimics it. That is simply a recipe for failure.

  6. Likes satz123, Mulburry, Byrdlady liked this post
  7. #5
    Registered User.

    Join Date;
    31st October, 2014.
    Posts;
    331.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alternatively to alcohol on the way at last

    Quote Originally Posted by techie View Post
    There is no shortcut to sobriety. It takes courage, strength, and a willingness to live a better life. You have to remove alcohol from your completely, not rely on a substance that mimics it. That is simply a recipe for failure.
    But if not going to give up this would work. Maximum dose so can't get melted

  8. #6
    Banned User. satz123's Avatar

    Join Date;
    6th May, 2009.
    Location;
    banned.
    Posts;
    20,071.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alternatively to alcohol on the way at last

    Quote Originally Posted by scotskev81 View Post
    But if not going to give up this would work. Maximum dose so can't get melted
    Kev you pop up here every so often with these 'work-arounds' to avoid the real issue which is alcohol is causing you huge issues.

    There are years & years of experience here among these pages and all of them agree with what @techie is trying to tell you.
    There are NO HALF MEASURES .......... you must cut out alcohol completely if it is causing trouble for you.

    If you don't want to get sober - you are in the wrong place Kev.
    Do not disrespect those who have fought so hard to get to where they are. Not to mention those who are still fighting.
    Last edited by satz123; January 2nd, 2023 at 06:10 PM.

  9. Thanks Byrdlady thanked for this post
    Likes Mulburry liked this post
  10. #7
    Registered User. mollyka's Avatar

    Join Date;
    2nd March, 2009.
    Location;
    Ireland.
    Posts;
    7,665.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alternatively to alcohol on the way at last

    Quote Originally Posted by satz123 View Post
    Kev you pop up here every so often with these 'work-arounds' to avoid the real issue which is alcohol is causing you huge issues.

    There are years & years of experience here among these pages and all of them agree with what @techie is trying to tell you.
    There are NO HALF MEASURES .......... you must cut out alcohol completely if it is causing trouble for you.

    If you don't want to get sober - you are in the wrong place Kev.
    Do not disrespect those who have fought so hard to get to where they are. Not to mention those who are still fighting.
    Absolutely agree...denial denial denial...grow up Kev...only an addict would forage around for anything to make his fix pain free...just .....enough...
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

  11. Likes Byrdlady liked this post
  12. #8
    Registered User.

    Join Date;
    31st October, 2014.
    Posts;
    331.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alternatively to alcohol on the way at last

    It seems like this might be something that one could drink in a pub though, as in drinking this instead of the alcohol.

    Similar to going out for a coffee or at some other social gathering.

    For me that would count as non drinking.

  13. #9
    Registered User. Mulburry's Avatar

    Join Date;
    16th August, 2021.
    Location;
    Canada.
    Posts;
    499.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alternatively to alcohol on the way at last

    Quote Originally Posted by scotskev81 View Post
    But if not going to give up this would work. Maximum dose so can't get melted
    If you really have a craving to "get melted" though, don't you think you'd just be dissappointed by the synthetic stuff and end up just getting a bottle of Al anyways...

  14. Likes Byrdlady liked this post
  15. #10
    Banned User. satz123's Avatar

    Join Date;
    6th May, 2009.
    Location;
    banned.
    Posts;
    20,071.
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Alternatively to alcohol on the way at last

    Quote Originally Posted by scotskev81 View Post
    It seems like this might be something that one could drink in a pub though, as in drinking this instead of the alcohol.

    Similar to going out for a coffee or at some other social gathering.

    For me that would count as non drinking.
    Every alcoholic drink known to man now has an alcohol-free alternative. The drink companies - the pushers of alcohol - have realised that the game is up and have changed their tactics.

    They tried low alcohol now it's no alcohol wines & beers.
    Even Guinness, 'beloved of the Irish', has 00% version. never thought I'd see the day.
    If you want to pretend to drink - try those ?

    Seems pointless to me unless you like the taste - which I do not - I can admit I drank for the effect not the yummy flavour.
    Similar to another farces IMO - de-caff coffee - pointless without the buzz!

    But fear not Kev all is not lost.
    You recognise there is an issue and you are searching for an answer as we all did ..... you will get there some day !

  16. Likes Slo, Byrdlady liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •