• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Results 1 to 8 of 8
    1. #1
      Registered User.
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       


      Join Date;
      19th September, 2017.
      Location;
      Australia.
      Posts;
      6.
      Post Thanks / Like

      Increase MagnZinc dosage ?

      My kinesiologist had put me on strong MagnZinc for suspected pyroluria.
      Since then, I have had blood tests which have indicated elevated iron saturation levels.
      She wants me to increase my dosage of MagnZinc for one week before retesting for iron.
      Won't this increased dosage make my Copper to Zinc ratio worse ? (I understand that copper is depleted by Zinc.)
      My Copper to Zinc ratio is already 1:10. My unbound is 19.8.

      Thanks in anticipation.

    2. Likes Wildflowers liked this post
    3. #2
      Registered User.
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      Friendly
       
      Wildflowers's Avatar

      Join Date;
      10th February, 2012.
      Posts;
      1,848.
      Post Thanks / Like

      Re: Increase MagnZinc dosage ?

      Can you get a second opinion? Did you have a hair analysis? Don't think increasing your dose for one wk, will change lab results that quickly. Are you taking B6 to help zinc absorb? Do you have reference range for unbound? Think this is the more critical lab. You don't want high levels of copper. Think 1:8 is normal. Yours is 1:10

      Do You Have A Copper and Zinc Imbalance? - DrJockers.com

      You may want to ask folks at: earthclinic.com Pyroluria Remedies and Holistic Treatment

      Hoping you'll find answers soon. Ones that will resolve your health issues.
      Last edited by Wildflowers; September 21st, 2017 at 01:26 AM.

    4. #3
      Registered User.
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       


      Join Date;
      19th September, 2017.
      Location;
      Australia.
      Posts;
      6.
      Post Thanks / Like

      Re: Increase MagnZinc dosage ?

      Quote Originally Posted by Wildflowers View Post
      Can you get a second opinion? Did you have a hair analysis? Don't think increasing your dose for one wk, will change lab results that quickly. Are you taking B6 to help zinc absorb? Do you have reference range for unbound? Think this is the more critical lab. You don't want high levels of copper. Think 1:8 is normal. Yours is 1:10

      Do You Have A Copper and Zinc Imbalance? - DrJockers.com

      You may want to ask folks at: earthclinic.com Pyroluria Remedies and Holistic Treatment

      Hoping you'll find answers soon. Ones that will resolve your health issues.
      Thank you wild for your helpful advice and for the Dr Jockers article.
      My kinesiologist calculated my unbound Cu to be 19.8 or 23%.

      I agree that one week is too soon for another blood test. So should I continue on the 1.5 dosage or just take the one tablet of strong Zinc & B6 ?
      No I did not have a hair analysis.

    5. #4
      Registered User.
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       


      Join Date;
      19th September, 2017.
      Location;
      Australia.
      Posts;
      6.
      Post Thanks / Like

      Re: Increase MagnZinc dosage ?

      Wild: I forgot to mention that my kinesiologist wrote the unbound Cu should be less than 20. However, I don't know what this means.

    6. #5
      Registered User.
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      Friendly
       
      Wildflowers's Avatar

      Join Date;
      10th February, 2012.
      Posts;
      1,848.
      Post Thanks / Like

      Re: Increase MagnZinc dosage ?

      Unbound means, readily available for uptake into your cells. Not bound by proteins, etc. Bound generally means your reserves. Dosing should be done from unbound lab results. Generally, this test/result is why you have symptoms. Your test result is 19.8. Your below < 20. This is probably the high end of range. Cut off point for top end of reference range. This is good. Do you have access to electronic portal communication with your Dr? In the states most Dr's, hospitals, facilities have this. Convenient for everyone. We have legal rights to our medical records. Would think this is all the same in Australia.
      Last edited by Wildflowers; September 21st, 2017 at 02:57 AM.

    7. #6
      Registered User.
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       


      Join Date;
      19th September, 2017.
      Location;
      Australia.
      Posts;
      6.
      Post Thanks / Like

      Re: Increase MagnZinc dosage ?

      Quote Originally Posted by Wildflowers View Post
      Unbound means, readily available for uptake into your cells. Not bound by proteins, etc. Bound generally means your reserves. Dosing should be done from unbound lab results. Generally, this test/result is why you have symptoms. Your test result is 19.8. Your below < 20. This is probably the high end of range. Cut off point for top end of reference range. This is good. Do you have access to electronic portal communication with your Dr? In the states most Dr's, hospitals, facilities have this. Convenient for everyone. We have legal rights to our medical records. Would think this is all the same in Australia.
      Thanks again Wild, I am glad you think my unbound uptake of Cu is good.
      My serum Cu was 13 umol/L (range should be 12-22). So I think I will just take one MagnZinc rather than 1.5 dosage, to prevent too much Zn depleting Cu.

      I'm thinking I never had Pyroluria at all, that it was a misdiagnosis. My liver is so compromised with environmental toxins, that I produce a lot of ammonia, lack energy, have constipation and insomnia, have inexplicable, severe, unintentional weight loss, all of which are symptoms of Pyroluria. Yet my Cu readings are acceptable, suggesting I don't have Pyroluria.

      In any case, I hope you can help me with opening up my unblocked liver to accept nutrients.

      Your portal sounds wonderful, unfortunately I cannot access one in Sydney. I think one exists, however my kinesiologist is not on the portal.

    8. #7
      Registered User.
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      Friendly
       
      Wildflowers's Avatar

      Join Date;
      10th February, 2012.
      Posts;
      1,848.
      Post Thanks / Like

      Re: Increase MagnZinc dosage ?

      Hi custard,

      I'm not a Dr or health care pro. With info you provided your result is within range. At the high end of cap. I have no idea if you have been mis-diagnosed. It happens. My suggestion is to get a 2nd, 3rd even 4th opinion. Functional MD's, or ND's who often will look for true causes. Perhaps, a Hepatologist that specializes in liver. Or a Dietician. There could be many reasons your not absorbing nutrients. Your array of symptoms can be from many causes.

      Are you still drinking?

      I'm truly sorry your having health issues! Hope you, or someone can advocate other health avenues. Think it's smart of you to be looking beyond current care. Hope your able to find answers to your health questions. It may take time solving. Even great Dr's have difficult times solving all the puzzle pieces in complex cases. May not even be complicated for the right Dr. Maybe discuss with your current Dr in referring you to specialist. Someone with extensive experience and knowledge for your particular case.

      Hope you find proper care. Answers with good solutions in providing you relief. Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

      Take care,

      WF
      Last edited by Wildflowers; September 22nd, 2017 at 04:51 PM.

    9. #8
      Registered User.
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       


      Join Date;
      19th September, 2017.
      Location;
      Australia.
      Posts;
      6.
      Post Thanks / Like

      Re: Increase MagnZinc dosage ?

      Quote Originally Posted by Wildflowers View Post
      Hi custard,

      I'm not a Dr or health care pro. With info you provided your result is within range. At the high end of cap. I have no idea if you have been mis-diagnosed. It happens. My suggestion is to get a 2nd, 3rd even 4th opinion. Functional MD's, or ND's who often will look for true causes. Perhaps, a Hepatologist that specializes in liver. Or a Dietician. There could be many reasons your not absorbing nutrients. Your array of symptoms can be from many causes.

      Are you still drinking?

      I'm truly sorry your having health issues! Hope you, or someone can advocate other health avenues. Think it's smart of you to be looking beyond current care. Hope your able to find answers to your health questions. It may take time solving. Even great Dr's have difficult times solving all the puzzle pieces in complex cases. May not even be complicated for the right Dr. Maybe discuss with your current Dr in referring you to specialist. Someone with extensive experience and knowledge for your particular case.

      Hope you find proper care. Answers with good solutions in providing you relief. Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

      Take care,

      WF
      Yes you are right WF. I can never have too much support/ too many opinions.
      I have been to a functional MD who was absolutely useless. Even though she was meant to be a specialist in gut health, she couldn't help me with my liver/ gallbladder detox pain.
      I have been seeing a great acupuncturist for nearly two months who has helped strengthen my kidney, and is helping calm down my liver fire.
      I will look into your suggestion of a liver specialist, I hope I can find a functional one in Sydney.

      I have never drunk alcohol in my life.
      Since the beginning of July, I have even stopped drinking green tea.
      I also cannot drink dandelion nor fennel tea as they bloat me up too much.
      Right now, I can only drink brown rice tea.

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •