Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 564
  1. #71
    Registered User. blue1's Avatar

    Join Date;
    29th June, 2015.
    Posts;
    339.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well....Frances....I guess I brought up the modding thing because when I first started posting here again I was posting on a general discussion thread because the modders forum was dead and I really needed to talk to somebody....anybody....but I was asked not to talk about my modding on that thread because it was bothering some and maybe I should start my own thread. So that's what I did.

    But yesterday I started the thread in general discussion and still felt like they were saying don't talk about AL here. So to me it seems like a few are saying stay in the mod section...and I don't think that's fair.

    I wanted to hear from long term AB....short term AB.....modders....etc.
    It was just like you said....just wanted to know how we got here....from different paths...that's all.

    And yes I was very upset when I posted...but I'm calmer now.

  2. #72
    Registered User.

    Join Date;
    12th October, 2008.
    Posts;
    1,304.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you're calmer now

    I truly don't think it had anything to do with you being a modder and not being welcome to post under 'general discussion'. I do hope I'm right about that. I have been around for awhile and I have never seen AF folks be disrespectful to modders. They honestly don't think modding is successful and also it is very hard to hear from people who drink who have no intention of stopping. It is nothing personal. That's why there are different threads/sections/etc. - I think it is OK for someone on an abstinence focused thread to request that people not talk about modding, because it is difficult for them. But I can see that it would also feel a little hurtful. Sorry you feel that way! Unfortunately, most of the active threads are abstinence focused. I personally get a ton of benefit from reading them. I sometimes contribute - I will talk about how I keep from drinking, how I benefit from not drinking etc. but I never talk about drinking. I have no idea if people would prefer I stay away, but I will say that I have NEVER been made to feel unwelcome, and I know that there are some who are aware of my situation. I hope that they don't mind me posting from time to time or 'liking' their posts etc. anyway we should simply respect each other and I think you agree with that.

  3. Likes Lizann liked this post
  4. #73
    Registered User. blue1's Avatar

    Join Date;
    29th June, 2015.
    Posts;
    339.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frances View Post
    Glad you're calmer now

    I truly don't think it had anything to do with you being a modder and not being welcome to post under 'general discussion'. I do hope I'm right about that. I have been around for awhile and I have never seen AF folks be disrespectful to modders. They honestly don't think modding is successful and also it is very hard to hear from people who drink who have no intention of stopping. It is nothing personal. That's why there are different threads/sections/etc. - I think it is OK for someone on an abstinence focused thread to request that people not talk about modding, because it is difficult for them. But I can see that it would also feel a little hurtful. Sorry you feel that way! Unfortunately, most of the active threads are abstinence focused. I personally get a ton of benefit from reading them. I sometimes contribute - I will talk about how I keep from drinking, how I benefit from not drinking etc. but I never talk about drinking. I have no idea if people would prefer I stay away, but I will say that I have NEVER been made to feel unwelcome, and I know that there are some who are aware of my situation. I hope that they don't mind me posting from time to time or 'liking' their posts etc. anyway we should simply respect each other and I think you agree with that.
    Indeed Frances....I truly understood when asked not to...and I still post on that thread...just not about drinking...

  5. #74
    Registered User. blue1's Avatar

    Join Date;
    29th June, 2015.
    Posts;
    339.
    Post Thanks / Like
    On a different note...how is everyone?

  6. #75
    Registered User.

    Join Date;
    12th October, 2008.
    Posts;
    1,304.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doing good here Blue - Very glad it's Saturday! I need to get this house cleaned up - it's a mess!

  7. #76
    Registered User.

    Join Date;
    18th May, 2011.
    Posts;
    1,054.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ~ not as much success this week as I would have liked but stark improvement. Last night I had a drink, then freshened it up a bit so 1.5? Slept well, going golfing with dh today.
    Blue, missed you, glad you are back with us!
    Frances, that is what I did yest. Had to keep pushing myself but things were messy & I made my list and slowly progressed all day while still watching 2 movies and PGA. Like to call it commercial cleaning.
    After being away for couple of weeks, what I find hard is getting back into exercise routine. When we first got back, my back was sore from too many soft beds on trip so knew it was on the edge and did not want to aggravate lifting weights or running. Played golf on Thurs and even though I felt stiff, it actually seemed to loosen it up. Was going to go do a bit this morning but alas, am saving energy for golf. Have to get out of "excuse" category soon!
    Both drinking & exercise.
    Have a great Saturday, everybody!

    TMH
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

  8. #77
    Registered User. blue1's Avatar

    Join Date;
    29th June, 2015.
    Posts;
    339.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frances View Post
    Doing good here Blue - Very glad it's Saturday! I need to get this house cleaned up - it's a mess!
    Happy cleaning Frances!

  9. #78
    Registered User. blue1's Avatar

    Join Date;
    29th June, 2015.
    Posts;
    339.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ToMyHealth View Post
    Hi ~ not as much success this week as I would have liked but stark improvement. Last night I had a drink, then freshened it up a bit so 1.5? Slept well, going golfing with dh today.
    Blue, missed you, glad you are back with us!
    Frances, that is what I did yest. Had to keep pushing myself but things were messy & I made my list and slowly progressed all day while still watching 2 movies and PGA. Like to call it commercial cleaning.
    After being away for couple of weeks, what I find hard is getting back into exercise routine. When we first got back, my back was sore from too many soft beds on trip so knew it was on the edge and did not want to aggravate lifting weights or running. Played golf on Thurs and even though I felt stiff, it actually seemed to loosen it up. Was going to go do a bit this morning but alas, am saving energy for golf. Have to get out of "excuse" category soon!
    Both drinking & exercise.
    Have a great Saturday, everybody!

    TMH
    I'm glad to be back TMH!

  10. Likes jane27 liked this post
  11. #79
    Registered User. Dutch1988's Avatar

    Join Date;
    10th March, 2014.
    Posts;
    434.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Blue your always welcome to post in general discussion or anywhere for that matter, if someone said something that's their problem.

  12. #80
    Registered User. blue1's Avatar

    Join Date;
    29th June, 2015.
    Posts;
    339.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch1988 View Post
    Hey Blue your always welcome to post in general discussion or anywhere for that matter, if someone said something that's their problem.
    Thank you Dutch...I appreciate your support!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Totally out of control
    By Jackie M in forum Just Starting Out?
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: June 15th, 2011, 05:30 PM
  2. totally Tuesday!
    By cowgal in forum Monthly Moderation
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: December 11th, 2007, 02:48 PM
  3. totally F***ked!
    By cowgal in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: December 3rd, 2007, 10:17 AM
  4. Totally Stressed!
    By music man in forum Just Starting Out?
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: July 21st, 2007, 02:54 AM
  5. totally new and cn' even pos a message!!!
    By Angelina in forum Just Starting Out?
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: May 16th, 2007, 03:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •