tryinagain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tryinagain

i,m not really computer friendlybut willing to learn.my problem begins with only 1 drink and ending when there is nothing left. sort of a binge thing,i can abstain for days/weeks but it only takes 1. I really want to accomplish total abstinance and become free again.hello/thanx

tryinagain

Hi roldy-

You're doing great! hear you loud and clear! :welcome:

It takes a little while to figure how this board works - but you will!! just keep at it. Need any help?

and how are you doing?

wonder

Comment

tryinagain

i,m good today thanx .hope all is well for u 2

Comment

tryinagain

I'm doing good roldy. Glad to see you wrote right back!

And there are all kinds of drinkers here - including people with a similar pattern to yours. One thing I can really agree with you on is that once I've had 1, well, I don't stop til it's all gone. But I am not able to just stop for days/weeks as you said. If I'm drinkin' I'm drinkin'!!!! if you know what I mean...

I found this site about 3 weeks ago, and it is really helping me to get a handle on things. Hope you find it helpful too. Have you read the My Way Out book?

wonder

Comment

tryinagain

tryinagain

wonderworld; I tried to reply more but was told I can only do 2 postings per visit?I do understand and know lots of others with similar addictions although unlike us they don,t feel the same about abstaining/moderating their problem.I believe these are the one,s I need to stay clear of till I get a grip on myself. It,s hard when 90% of my social enviroment revolves around these people.I really hope this can change as I do have more in myself to offer loved ones/and others like myself.I,m going to the doc,s today or asap to try for some perscription help.I think I can do this but have prooved to myself,time and time again,it,s not easy as having a drink!I hope everyone out here can achieve their goals and wish for the best.I,ve tried the AA as well as a couple other programs but find it hard to attend meetings as I drive truck and I,m not getting proper rest as is.[not an excuse] I am also stopping at the library today for the book,hoping for a little more insite,thanx.This is only day#2since my last binge and hoping for many more,and a new future for myself and many others,good luck to all! gotta run talk to ya,ll later.thanx again for responding.

Comment

tryinagain

good morning roldy-

you sound very motivated! I, too, need to stay away, at least for now from folks I drank with. I know I am not strong enough to NOT drink around them, so that's how it has to be. While this site doesn't replace real live people, it's a great community of caring people helping each other. It's filling the gaps for me at the moment. getting a handle on the drinking is my number one priority. Without that, i don't have much else anyway.
            And so great that you're going to the doc - another courageous step. Let us know how that goes-
            and everything else too!
            wonder xx

Comment

Working...
            X