Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I really don't miss

I don't miss waking up with a hangover

I don't miss worrying that I have no vodka left from last night to stop the rattles,

I don't miss trying to sneak out of the house to buy it,

I don't miss having to sneak the vodka back in,

I don't miss the fear of being caught,

I don't miss trying to find new places to hide the empties,

I REALLY don't miss trying to function through the day whilst half cut, just to 'feel normal' when I wanted to go back to bed and forget the world.

I DON'T miss those days AT ALL!! Just ODAT.
    I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

What I really don't miss

Awesome
    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

What I really don't miss

Autumn - great thread!

What I really don't miss ...

Holding my breath when around family while I've been drinking so they won't smell the wine.
      Trying to remember which liquor store is on the rotation so I won't hit 2 in a row!
      Waking up at 3:30 a.m. feeling like a 100-pound weight of guilt is pressing down on my chest!

Nope - won't miss any of this stuff!
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

What I really don't miss

I really don't miss

1> Being a fat out of shape lard ball
        2> Having to apologise to people for doing idiotuc things that I don't even remember doing
        3> Having the horrible feeling of reliance on alcohol
        4> The money I wasted
        5> The moronic decisions I made

Much more but that will do for now.
        "The pain of regret far exceeds the pain of discipline"

Kind of AF since 14/8/09

Fully AF since 16/4/11

It's been one hell of a ride.

Comment

What I really don't miss

Guilt is what I don't miss. I am still struggling with sleep, but when I do sleep, I don't feel guilty about it. Yesterday I took a long nap after church but took it because I was tired, not because I had a hangover.

I do have guilt from the past, but not current guilt of drinking.

I am working on forgiving myself. I have not gotten to that step yet in the program.
          :l - AF since 01/18/2011

Comment

What I really don't miss

I won't miss my dwindling bank account or mounting credit card debt, night sweats and throwing my bottles in the bin instead of recycling so my neighbours can't see how much I have drunk!!!
            Taking it ODAT

Comment

What I really don't miss

I really won`t miss having to watch TV on catchup as I always missed the ending

Love Flo
              Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

What I really don't miss

Oh the night sweats!! They sucked. They woke me up, then left me lying there begging in the dark for the guilty cycle not to start all over again. I dont miss that. That acrid smell that goes with the night sweats too..or was that just me???

I dont miss the pain in my partners eyes, nor the constant lies I told.

I really really don't miss the shame and the guilt. My dirty secret, that everyone knew about, but I tried so hard to hide.
                I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

What I really don't miss

i really don't miss feeling like a wretched mother because i forgot to have my son brush his teeth. i still do that, but it's not because i'm drunk. and i know i'm a good mother cause he tells me so all the time. very cute from a four year old.
                  i don't miss the sheepish look i feel on my face cause i was drunk the night before. i don't miss wondering if people can read that look.
                  i don't miss the guilt, either. funny how that seems to be a common reaction to drink. why did we do it?!
                  stupid al.

Comment

What I really don't miss

I don't miss the ever expanding to-do list I carried around to keep track of all the things I never had time to do because I spent a third of my waking hours drinking.
                    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

What I really don't miss

I don't miss pretending to have a migraine when really I had a huge hangover.

I don't miss planning my morning via toilets when I had a bad stomach from the previous night's drinking.
                      CW

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind.

Comment

What I really don't miss

ditto all the above. it still amazes me how similar we all are. and i thought i was the only one doing and feeling these things.
                        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

What I really don't miss

These posts have been probably the most helpful thing I've seen. It's like a slap of reality for me.

I won't miss wasting my day full of regrets hungover and depressed, swearing I'll never drink again
                          I won't miss feeling like a failure and being disgusted with myself because I drank when I said I wouldn't
                          I won't miss missing my morning workout because I'm too hungover
                          I won't miss trying to hide the alcohol in my purse, grocery bag, etc...trying to sneak it in the house
                          I won't miss trying to figure out what to do with the empty bottles and trying to get them in the trash before the trashmen come
                          I won't miss not remembering what I said the night before or who I called
                          I won't miss trying to act like everything is ok when it isn't
                          Gidget 1016

"Sometimes you've got to let everything go - purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything . . . whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creativity, your true self comes out":h

Comment

What I really don't miss

I won't miss the hangovers. I won't miss the night sweats I won't miss the brain fog! I won't miss the fear of people smelling the wine on me the next day. I won't miss the wine!!! I will live AF.

Comment

What I really don't miss

Round two:

I won't miss waking up in the morning thinking "where the fuck am I? for a for a few seconds then it clicking in"

I won't miss tiptoeing out into the main living area and just acting like everything is cool from the night before when really I have no idea until someone shoots me an evil stare and I just know.

I won't miss approaching someone and asking who I owe apologies to and what for.

I won't miss finding new inventive ways to hide the empties (I got to empty computer case at one point)

I won't miss forgetting where the hell I put the empties to hide.

I won't miss waking up in the watch house asking the cop why I was there

I won't miss not having a fucking license.

I won't miss hearing my fathers voice begging and pleading me to see reason and making excuses for me for so many years and me just throwing it all in his face

I won't miss sneaking down to the drive through in an unregistered car with no licence just because I needed alcohol.

I won't miss the fights

I won't miss the arguments

I won't miss rocking up at work drunk (twice)

I won't miss PISSING money away on STUPID things because I was always under the influences somewhat

I won't miss not having any pride in myself

I won't miss living from drink to drink and forgetting about everything else

I won't miss telling lies

I won't miss forgetting who i told the lies to and shooting myself the foot later only to repeat it the next day

I won't miss living in guilt.

I won't miss all the shame.

I won't miss all the excuses.

I won't miss all the high horse fucks that saw someone struggling as an opportunity to re-enforce brilliant they were to themseleves rather than realise that someone was struggling

I won't miss drinking crap tasting wine because there was lots of it, it was cheap, and it got me drunk

I won't miss being at rehab (although I did learn a lot and would highly recommend it)

I won't miss disappointing my family, my sister in particular.

I won't miss being drunk at special occasions and fucking it up for everyone else.

I won't miss the HUGE phone bills from the calls I don't even remember making.

I won't miss the HUGE phone bills from the texts I don't even remember sending.

I won't miss the random bullshit I have from eBay that I don't even remember buying.

I won't miss losing stuff all the time.

I won't miss being such a disappointed to myself and wondering how the fuck I got to where I was.

There is much MUCH more. That is juts off the top of my head.
                              "The pain of regret far exceeds the pain of discipline"

Kind of AF since 14/8/09

Fully AF since 16/4/11

It's been one hell of a ride.

Comment

Working...
                              X