Super Sober Shout Out 19th April 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Sober Shout Out 19th April 2020

I'd like to see a big SUPER SHOUTY OUTY SUNDAY from members who have been here a while, those just starting out again or those just starting out for the very first time.........don't forget to shout LOUD AND PROUD..

Don't be scared of making the leap...........Don't be shy and give it a try...........remember each and everyone one of us here started with a day one!!!!

SHOUT IT LOUD AND SHOUT IT PROUD. STAY STRONG AND KEEP THINKING POSITIVE ONE AND ALL. LET'S GIVE OUR BEST TOGETHER

By using the time and date app........ you'll know whether you've a roundy number or not a roundy number.......................Date Duration Calculator: Days Between Dates

For me its..................It is 3939 days from the start date to the end date, end date included orr 10 years, 9 months, 12 days including the end date.................:congratulatory:
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: Super Sober Shout Out 19th April 2020

10 Years & 6 Days
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

2331 days or 6 years 4 months and 18 days.

Happy 10 year birthday Techie, i hope you had a wonderful celebration.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

2492 days from Day 1 to today !
        or
        6 years, 9 months, 27 days Day 1 to today

Sometimes when I come on here on Sunday I try to 'play down' the pride I have in myself for getting this far in case it's seen as 'boasty'.
        And also if I think if newbies are reading they'll think "ah FFS I'll never have to be HERE if I had that AF time under my belt"
        We think the goal is to get sober - but it's actually to STAY sober because life throws all sorts of shite at us. Our thinking about things change.

Last year I asked the question : if I was given a year to live would I drink - the answer was a DEFFO NO.

With what is going on in the world now I was prompted to ask myself the same question last night : there was no definite answer :egad:

Excuse the waffle of a Sunda' but I write as I think ..... not always good

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
          10 Years & 6 Days
          A dear friend to all, conratulations, Techmeister.:hug:

It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Congratulations, @techie.

2642 days for me.

You know, @satz123, it probably would be ok to be a “normal” drinker these days (but I’ve read several articles about how some of them are drinking alarmingly more) but every day it occurs to me how grateful I am not to be an addicted drinker. All the acquiring, hiding, consuming, disposing, and recovering was a nightmare under regular circumstances. I can only imagine the horror it would be now.
            Last edited by NoSugar; April 19, 2020, 07:01 AM.

Comment

5 years, 3 months, and 6 days of living life taking things as they come...

Congrats on the 10 years Techie!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

1737 days for me. Very glad to be able to say that, now, in these strange times, more than ever. :happy2:
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Shouting out 6 years, 4 months and 17 days!

I really actually don't want to drink, even just a little.

Happy SOBER 10 years, Techie. What an amazing accomplishment!

Comment

9 years, 3 months of AF-dom. Yay to all of us who have persevered throughout this mess! :rara:

Edit to add: GREAT JOB, Techie! You have always been a superstar to me! Always SO FAR ahead! Thank you for pulling me along! Much love and admiration.
                    Last edited by Byrdlady; April 19, 2020, 11:38 AM.
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Another sober, quiet week here but thankfully some sunshine has arrived at last

Congratulations on 10 years Techie!

Comment

1657 days for Stirly! Yay Me!!! So very grateful to be sober at this difficult time.

Would love to see new members join this thread. Celebrate every day you say no to AL. It's an accomplishment you should be proud of!
                        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Working...
                        X