Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally Stressed!

Hi all,

I was doing so good when I found this site a couple of months back... But now I am a total wreck again.

I spent most of today pacing around in circles stressing about the work I wasn't getting done. I need to get back on track, or I am seriously wondering if I will have a total breakdown.

I can't even begin to describe the amount of pressure I am under right now. I run my own business and I am dealing with all sorts of legal and financial issues, on top of crazy deadlines and an enormous amount of work....

I have been dealing with the pressure by hitting the bottle, and it's getting really out of control.

Ever watch the show "behind the music"? You always see these guys that totally screw their lives up at the top of their career... I don't want to end up like one of them.

Anyway, I decided to get my life back on track... at least I knew where to go.

:bonkers:

Totally Stressed!

Good, I am glad you have found us. Try some deep breathing exercises to relax your self.
    Good job!:goodjob:

Comment

Totally Stressed!

Take a deep breath, relax and focus on what you need to do. We tend to hit the bottle when times get tough. You are here again, so that tells me you are ready to deal with this. My mother told me the other day that nothing in life is worth stressing about to the point you end up killing yourself. That means drinking, heart attack, etc. Keep posting and keep thinking positive thoughts. We are here for you!

Comment

Totally Stressed!

Hi Music, I am glad to see you on here again. I have been doing the same thing as you. I just started a 30 day AF thread and plan on trying to get back to feeling in control. Good Luck...I could use some company if you feel like giving it a try! No pressure, just some accountability. I am hoping it works for me. Buffy

Comment

Totally Stressed!

I knew I would feel better once I got a couple of replies.

Thanks for the support everyone.

You got yourself a deal Buffy. Count me in for 30 days too!

I just put a zero in my drink tracker for today... I had to laugh because someone had put "??" instead of numbers for a couple of days. That's pretty much what the last month was like for me.

Comment

Totally Stressed!

Hi musicman,

love the avatar,

I have had times like that, where I feel I can't evewn prioritise the most important things, and if I can't do that then what the hell can I do with the rest of my life !!

But it does work out in the end. Honestly, being sober has its ups and downs. I am now seeing things more clearly and feel healthier, but the things that go wrong in my life hurt more !! So.. what do I recommend ... keep trying for sobriety. Things are getting better.

Good Luck for 30 days af, think -one day at a time with an overall goal.

Regards

Diamond
            I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
            I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Totally Stressed!

Rather go for a walk than pace around in circles. That's what I'm going to do today. As long as you goinging forward, and not round and round- that's what I say. It also helps to clear your head and get you out of your heavy space for a short while.

Good Luck!
              Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
              Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

Totally Stressed!

Hey! Those "??"s might have been me!:H Pretty pitiful, I know - but at least for the first time in my life I'm actually trying to keep track. I do really well for a while, then BAM! At first I was going to keep it private, but then I thought, WTH in for a penny in for a pound; I really need to get real about this so no reason to hide!

Chin up! At least you're here doing something about it; for me that was a HUGE step, especially coming back after slipping spectacularly. I was aiming for AF 'til the end of the month, but as you can see I screwed that up! Anyway, I'm with you guys at least until the end of the month, 30 days is more pressure on myself than I think I can manage.

Comment

Totally Stressed!

Hi and nice to meet you. I'm a big "list" person ... I find that making a list, with top priority stuff on top, helps me to see where to start, making it easier to actually start!

Hope all goes well for you from today forward. Isn't it great to have a place to come (here) where people understand? *hugs* to you

~Catt
                  AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Totally Stressed!

Hi Music Man. I joined you and Buffy in the 30 day mission in the Monthly Abs section. I know how stressful it can be when you hit a rough patch with your own business - me and Mr. Doggy have our own business too. Those times are nail biters for sure, and drinking "excuse" times absolutely. Although for me there was a drinking excuse every day - happy, sad, stress, etc. But anyway.....

I'm glad you are back here looking to get back on track. I'm sure that will help you tackle the business problems more effectively. I look forward to getting to know you better!!

DG
                    Day 10 AF * * * * * * * * * *
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Totally Stressed!

Hi Music man! I too love your avatar. And I have always admired those who own their own business, I could never do that I think. This is a great group of people and I'm glad you are becoming one of us again albeit not that it was due to overdrinking. Take care!

Comment

Totally Stressed!

Focus...Prioritize...simplify...

That's what some one told me...

Oh yea and "Look to the Lord"!

Best Wishes
                        Control the Mind

Comment

Totally Stressed!

Love that Rocky - especially the 'simplify! - I look around at the chaos that is my life at the moment and I think those three words could just be the basis of the order I need to find. Now I just need to get over the procrastination...!

Have also said I'll join you MM for the 30 days so look forward to geting to know you more over the next month! Hang in there during this tough time and hopefully it will ease up soon. :l
                          :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                          Goals:
                          Days 1-7 DONE
                          Days 8-14 DONE
                          Days 15-21 DONE
                          30 days DONE
                          60 days
                          100 days

Comment

Totally Stressed!

Stress is always a tough one on me too because then I think, "I'll just have a drink and that will calm me down." Well we all know what happens then, right? Ten drinks later and we're screwed. Hang in there music man, and everyone else. Breathe, walk, do what ever it takes to get you through those tough times. Posting on here is surely a geat way to pass the time!
                            Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Totally Stressed!

Best of luck to you in your 30 days abs music man.

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Working...
                              X