Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG! Alcohol is bad for you!

Australia has just announced this.

A report was released today stating that this issue was "absolutely horrific" and "this is a public health crisis". Now we have stories on brekky TV announcing "Millions at risk of damaging brain by drinking", stories in the newspapers and websites we have been told to visit ie arbias - Hangover For Life

Now, to my thinking, is the fact that alcohol is bad for you a complete shock to most Aussies????

I'm just bemused by the fact that Australia just seem to have discovered this terrible health hazard only today!:shocked:

Yep, we're a stupid lot. We still think the earth is flat.
    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

I just had a look at the website Blue, and be very cautious about it. It's a NFP organisation and is NOT supported by the Govt. This is their campaign. Sorry for raining on your parade, I know you were only kidding, but I don't want other's thinking that we are ignorant! lol

Comment

Us ignorant???? No way!

Just because most of us think Sugar Diabetes is a heavyweight boxer ....

Comment

Flip;174780 wrote: Yep, we're a stupid lot. We still think the earth is flat.
          Er - It IS flat isn't it???

Satori

xxx
          "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

flat and square!
            "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Whew - thanks maxie - they had me going there for a moment!

satori
              "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Sorry Satori, I'd forgotten that you Scots had written your own "History of the World for Idiots" and then set it as a text book in your schools.

Comment

Comon, you all KNOW that it is round--just like a great big coin (just not as thick)!
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Flip;174827 wrote: Sorry Satori, I'd forgotten that you Scots had written your own "History of the World for Idiots" and then set it as a text book in your schools.
                    Er ..........what did I do to deserve that???

Satori

Comment

Have you Aussies heard about this thing called the wheel? It's really cool - you should google it.
                      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

:H Mags... good one!
                        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Flip what is your new equally disgusting looking avatar?

Oh and leave Satori alone.
                          Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Sorry Satori, I thought I was talking to Camper, who doesn't recognise a great hot dog crown when she sees one. She also needs to sycronise her avatar with her Profile note.

Comment

A yanks perspective,
                              Our country spends millions of dollars on stupid rechearch that seems ovious to all of us. Like; You're likely to get cancer if you smoke, etc. So I can't complain about anything any other goverment does. IAD
                              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                              X