Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aggh! Another Booze Dream

It happened again...

This time, it was not a gross drunkeness dream, but a very intense sensory dream.

I gave up my single malt Scotch, and blended Scotch probably in 2001 or so. The remaining 4 years of my drinking were beer, wine, champagne, etc. I really loved my Scotch, but it did not love me. It got to where the Scotch hangovers were devastating, and I would puke the next day everytime.

So in this dream, I had a fine glass of some blended Scotch. Maybe it was Chivas or something. That's really not the point, but I could TASTE every little nuance of the Scotch. The sweet, the bitter, the smoky, the peat, and of course the alky. Ever had a dream where you can TASTE intensely and your brain says AHHHHH?

I finished one glass, and put it down. For some crazy reason in the dream, I did not want another, and decided I would have to post my slip on MWO. Then I got to feeling all guilty and bad, and then woke up.

ANALYSIS: My stupid sub-concious brain is trying to fool me again. Drinking Neil is hiding in the shadows, and trying a new trick. Damn him. I know darn well that it did not taste that good.....ever. I know darn well that after one, there would be another, and another, and......puke.

I will NOT be fooled. (song by The Who "we won't get fooled again!!!")

Neil
    627 Days AF

627 AF - yeah, it was only a dream - way to go!!
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

wow! 627 AF days! i'm so jealous ... congratulations
      Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Neil,
        Everything that I've learned in AA, by talking to dozens and dozens of other drunks with 20 plus years of sobriety confirm that these drunk dreams are normal and tend to pass. I wouldn't read too much into it. I just consider them a reminder of how important it is to stay sober. Some weeks I'll have five or more and then some week I'll have none. Whatever. At least I do not desire a real drink in real life
        Andy

Comment

Feels great to have left the PUKE behind Neil, and if there`s anything worse than a puking man.............it`s a puking lady (is a tramp!!!).............O.M.G..........the shame of it !!!

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Neil,
            You freak me out. I havent posted on here for ages but had a hellish dream last night similar to yours. Part of me was so angry that it shook me so hard and I came to this familiar place where usually when I come I get something great.

So, what did I get today... that I wasnt alone... (not that I wish such a dream on you, my friend).. but that not alone feeling helped me today.

So thanks
            Brigid

Comment

Hey Neil,
              I had a drinking dream also...well not so much drinking as going to the bottle shop to buy a bottle of Stollies...Pete was driving me there and I felt so bad that I was disappointing him and he was saying nothing and I was so disappointed in myself for folding like a lawn chair that when I got to the counter I ordered 2 bottles of Diet Coke....:H .
              God this place has helped me..
              I hope everyone is feeling fabulous:h
              Love Victoria xxooxx

Comment

Neil - I've had them too....weird and sometimes really horrible.... but it suddenly came to me that I'm 50 next month and I still sometimes have a dream that I'm sucking my thumb!!!!!!!! How weird is that or am I??? I say that because I think it's just the brain running past past experiences and using them neutraly in our dream world.........we probably only notice the drinking ones because they're so relevant to where we are now... you proably haev other ones just as much but don't notice them in the same way......

Don't get too hard on the OLD drinking Neil... 627 is totally awesome. No dumb dream is going to take that away from you. And you didn't like it in the dream anyway and even came here in your dream?! Mr. Chivas regally loses I think.................!

Take care. 'S OK. (and OLD as in past not old as in past it!!!)

Love F x
                :heart: c: :heart:
                "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Working...
                X