Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile phones

APPLE FORCED TO RECALL iPHONE AFTER TOASTER FAULT

APPLE has been forced into an embarrassing recall of the entire first batch of its long awaited iPhone after users reported problems with its on-board toaster.

iPhone: Rubbish for toast
    Carl Knutz, :nutso: an early adopter of San Andreas, California, said his two-slot iPhone produced one raw slice of toast and one that was burnt to a cinder and inedible.

He said the problem was particularly frustrating as the iPhone?s built-in roasting oven and low fat grill ?worked a treat?.

Mr Knutz said: ?I was sold the iPhone as the perfect solution for satisfying all my breakfast time needs. I could read emails, surf the web, grill some bacon and do toast all at the same time with the one gadget. Well I can?t, the toast is rubbish.?

Despite the toaster glitch most users are reporting themselves delighted with the iPhone. Bobby Killitz, 23, :ranger a glasses wearer, also of San Andreas, said he had cooked an entire chicken dinner in his phone, and it had emailed him to tell him when it was ready.

Danny Kravitz, 25, :banana: the brother of a musician, said his phone had babysat his 11-month old daughter while he went to a bar and did not email him when she started crying as it knew it was nothing serious.

Even so Apple user forums are buzzing with complaints about the quality of iPhone toast and the company?s boffins are said to be working around the clock to sort the problem.

Steve Jobs has put up a personal video message on the Apple website apologising for the toaster glitch but reassuring users that it is a software issue that will be sorted soon.

Mr Jobs said: ?We updated the iPhone software after all our laptops overheated and blew up but that appears to have affected the element in the toaster. Or it maybe it just needs a new washer.?

Meanwhile it has emerged that all the first batch of iPhones have also been built without any microphones being installed. This was not discovered until all of them had been sent to the shops as no one had thought to use one to make a call.
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Mobile phones

No way, hip.........there`s no way it`s a mere phone.........if it can do all that domestic goddess crap, it surely must be a woman as opposed to a phone.........actually, am almost certain, since the gadget is mute........just the way you men prefer us girls, no??? :H

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Mobile phones

I larfffed til I cried.....really...........well done Hippie....
      I shall be forwarding this to my beloved offspring who has her bloody mobile glued to her like an iron lung.....fingers like a tree frog, which I always thought was from texting, obviously though she has just been experiencing problems with the slow cooker delayed timer programming feature on her phone

Comment

Mobile phones

Starlight Impress;215502 wrote: No way, hip.........there`s no way it`s a mere phone.........if it can do all that domestic goddess crap, it surely must be a woman as opposed to a phone.........actually, am almost certain, since the gadget is mute........just the way you men prefer us girls, no??? :H

Starlight Impress x
        At the moment Star I'd prefer a girl full stop!!!!. I couldn't care less if she's mute!!! lol
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Mobile phones

Thought you were a hippie??.......careful !!!.......you`re sounding more of a "desperado" at the mo.!!! :H :H :H

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Mobile phones

Hi melon!

It just highlights doesn't it the stupidity and excess these people will go to with mobile phone technology!!. As long as I can make a call and text a friend now and again I'm happy!! I've seen a picture somewhere else where the phone looks like a swiss army knife with all the gadgets coming out. Bloody hilarious!!. I liked the Tree frog analogy as well very funny!!!

Comment

Mobile phones

yeah man free love! I'm not paying for it!! I'm not desperate Star it's just bin a while and I need to brush up on the erogenous zones before I get back out there!!! All in the name of research of course!!!

Love and Happiness
              Hippie
              xx

Comment

Mobile phones

I am proud to announce that I have never had a mobile...('bout the only thing I am proud to announce...so HURRAHHHH)
                I still send messages via drums, donkeys heavily laden with sealed scrolls and carrier pigeon.....I will occasionally use a walrus if the weather conditions dictate a long journey overseas

Comment

Mobile phones

Oh lordy, hip.........we must always keep our skills up to scratch.........just in case!!! LMAO

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Mobile phones

Love that sense of humour you have Melon!! very similar to mine!!LOL R U sure U R NOT A SCOUSER!!!!

Comment

Mobile phones

I wouldn't exactly call them skills!!!! I did try putting them on my CV at one point!! but I didn't get many responses back from companies!!!! Apart from that one from a Dutch firm!!!

Comment

Mobile phones

No, not a scouser.....I used to live in Plymerrrrrffffffffff in Devon before I moved to NZ......

Although I can do a remarkably good impression of Jimmy Corkhill saying "I 'ope you're not gonna blame that liddle lot on Cracker"...when he found a big pile of poop outside one of the neighbours houses on 'Brookie'.....I think that practically makes us related.............

Comment

Working...
                        X