I'm at the mountain top!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm at the mountain top!

13 wks.-lost 25 lbs- now at 300 topo-at last day of the 30 day no drink period in the moderate drinkinging book. Next week I start down the 13 wk topo mountain. Is 275,250,225,200,200,175,150,125,100,100,75,50,25 to long or is this OK? Are their any other words of advice for me out there while I am up here now on this mountain top. I do plan to practice strict moderate drinking mostly of all wine instead of liguor or beer. Thanks.

I'm at the mountain top!

Have you ever tried controlled or moderate drinking before?

Comment

I'm at the mountain top!

Hi Mountain Top.

Is your craving controlled? I see from your other message that you are no longer taking Topamax.

Please remember that wine is alcohol just like beer and vodka. Those mid-brain receptors have memory. This can be a difficult path to walk.

If you decide to return to this medication, I would find the smallest effective dose of Topamax that completely allows you to control your intake of wine. I would make sure that all other aspects of the program are in full therapeutic effect. I would then keep a diary to make sure you are being very honest with yourself and not sliding back into a heavy drinking mode. Moderation is possible but you must be ever vigilant with your consumption.

The research forum at the MWO site has excellent information on the Moderation Management approach. It looks to me like you have incorporated some of those helpful strategies.

Good health to you and your good work with the program.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
      X