Don't like hypnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't like hypnosis

Last night I tried listening to the cleaning cd and ended up ripping the headset off because I didn't like the feeling of being hypnotized. Has anyone else experienced this. I want to do whatever will increase my chances of success and if the cds are really important I want to listen to them. If someone else felt this way but found a way to overcome it any advice would be appreciated.

Don't like hypnosis

I didn't feel hypnotised when I did it. I went into it wondering if I was going to be taken into some sort of trance....you aren't, it's just training your mind to drop all the crap from your day to day life that's distracting you. I prefer to think about it as relaxation rather than hypnotism - which implies you are under someone elses control.

It was difficult at first but before long I found I was just 'working' through the visualisations as if it was an exercise for school or a course. You needn't be scared of having your thoughts or mind tampered with - you are fully conscious throughout, just getting away from the daily rubbish in your mind.

I have only done the full set once but half way through the clearing it suddenly dawned upon me "hey, you aren't thinking about that credit card bill you have to pay". What's so bad about that?

Comment

Don't like hypnosis

I would also recommend meditation.. Wonderful way to re-train the mind. I personally prefer having a hand in the way my mind ticks...
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Don't like hypnosis

Thank you for your suggestions. Bought a book on meditation last year. Will pull it out and dust it off and will visit the website. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X