Question about Campral and Suppliments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in the process of making choices for my approach to start the MyWayOut program. My goal is complete abstinence. If I use Campral, and should have a drink, are there side effects that I should be concerned about? Also, one of the reasons I need to stop drinking, is the cost. I am on a fixed income and in a financial squeeze. The reccomended suppliments will cost me more per month than the wine I now drink. Can you help me with your opinion of what sup would be the most beneficial if I only use one or two. Thanks, Eliziby

Dr. Garcia, I forgot to include prescriptions and suppliments that I now take. My list: Misoprostol 200mcg, Diclofenac Sodium 50mg, Plavix 75mg, Benicar 20mg, Aldactazide 25mg, Premarin .625 mg, and low dose Aspirin 81mg. I take multi-vitamins, calcium, and fiber theropy. Will there be interactions that I should be concerned about? forgetful Eliziby

Comment

Hi Eliziby,

Thank you for your patience and your plan to use the MWO program to gain control over the disease of alcohol addiction. Campral works on the midbrain to decrease the desire to drink. You need to be off all alcohol before you begin taking the medication to maximize its effect in controling your desire to drink. If costs are an issue and you need to be totally frugal, I would use the Kudzu as directed, as well as the hypno tapes, exercise (aerobics and weights) and support from the MWO community. You can always add supplements each month as your budget allows.

Don't forget the boost from fresh vegetable and fruits available at sources such as farmer's markets. If you would like more direction on nutrition see Sally Fallon's website at the westonapricefoundation.com.

Regarding medication interactions, I think your local pharmacist would be the best source of information. Please don't give up. Although you feel you spend less on alcohol than this program, it is hard to calculate the cost to your physical and mental health at this time. Remember that the effects of alcohol are cumulative on the body and women in particular experience those effects sooner and with a less intake of this dangerous drug.

Thank you again and please continue your good work at maximizing your health.

--Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
      X