Hi from Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Australia

Hi from Australia, just found this site today and wow it?s great. This is the first time I have confessed my dirty little secret ?I am an alcoholic? cupboard drinker and hate myself for it. It really helps to see what you guys have written. When five o?clock comes around I start hanging out for a drink. One thing that really helps beat this is eating something like a salad roll, or mangoes and yoghurt. Its just after 5pm our time and tonight I am going to stay sober, mostly because I feel like sh*t from last nights episode and secondly because I want to stop hurting myself. All of us struggling with the booze demon must really learn to stop hurting ourselves. I did manage to stay sober once for 5 years it was such a relief to wake up not dehydrated, shaking and sweating. The best piece of advice for all of us is ?DON?T PICK UP THE FIRST DRINK and this is my plan for tonight. Definitely had enough of the shame of being a drunken woman. I hope I can kick this again as my drinking has hit very high level self destruction. :new:

Hi from Australia

Welcome Kanga!

Dear Kanga,

This place is terrific and you have come to the right spot.
    I too discovered it totally by accident having been an alcoholic for a number of years. You can view previous posts by clicking on Members List and then on the name, and so on.
    This web site has been very well set up and you will find many people like yourself.
    I hope you didn't have too hard a time sticking to your guns and good luck. Nobody ever said it would be easy.
    Real busy right now, but will update some of my threads when I get a chance.

Take care and again welcome.
    Bashley :welcome:

Comment

Hi from Australia

Thank you for your kind words

Thank you for your kind words, I have been so desperately alone and really needing to talk to someone about my drinking. A.A didn?t work for me as the horror tales made me feel worse and I was too ashamed to speak at the meetings. As you are a fellow Aussie have you managed to try the herbs and CD?s?
      Cheers

Comment

Hi from Australia

:welcome: Kanga.
        Wow. Your name really caught me by suprise...
        We had a very beloved member here, by that same name, that we lost last year. The first day of every month is dedicated to him as Kanga Day.

I'm sure you'll hear & read about him. He was an amazing guy.:h Very much loved...

I just wanted to welcome you. Your post made me hungry! Think I'll go make some popcorn.
        Looking forward to getting to know ya!
        Believe me I know the shame you speak of being a drunken woman.
        This is a great place to start making changes.
        You're not alone.
        :l
        Judie
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Hi from Australia

Sorry thought you were an Aussie

Comment

Hi from Australia

To St Jude

St Jude
            Sorry dont know how to answer you, managed to reply to myself instead!!!!

Comment

Hi from Australia

Hiya Kanga!!

Good to see you here - well done on getting to the moment you know you need to do something about the old booze. There are lots of Aussies on here - and we sometimes might need interpreters but we are starting to get the old lingo across to our OS mates

Anytime you need to talk someone will be here.

Cheers

Cashy
              xxx
              "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Hi from Australia

Welcome Kanga, as everyone says, you have come to the right place.

I'm a fellow Aussie. Hope this site can do as much for you as it has for me.

Gem x
                Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

Hi from Australia

Herbs and CD's?

Thank you for your kind words, I have been so desperately alone and really needing to talk to someone about my drinking. A.A didn?t work for me as the horror tales made me feel worse and I was too ashamed to speak at the meetings. Any of you fellow Aussie managed to try the herbs and CD?s?
                  Cheers

Comment

Hi from Australia

Hi Kanga

Welcome... you have made the best choice in your life.... as you will come to find out there are a great bunch of Aussies here ready to support .. but also our mates all over this wonderful planet are like family...

Stick around... post when you need to... we have all been there and done that..

Be open and honest... I'll catch you soon

Wattle
                    Failure is not the falling down... it's the staying down

Comment

Hi from Australia

:welcome: Kanga
                      I too did a double take when I saw your name. Kanga was a great guy and soooo very funny.
                      OK...I hope you find the help you need here .....it is hard work isn't it?
                      :l Nancy "Belle"
                      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hi from Australia

Hiya Kanga,

How are you doing? I would certainly suggest looking into the MYO program, there are lots of people here who have had great results. You should , when you are ready, perhaps talk to your GP about things too. You need to find out about your overall health and there are lots of ways of getting help. I was so worried about telling my GP but she was brilliant and obviously has heard it alot - I didn't feel at all bad, felt better that I was actually seeking help.

Keep posting and asking questions, people will answer.

Cheers

Cashy

Comment

Hi from Australia

Hi Kanga, I too did a double, even triple take ...........

You have a huge heart to stand up to to meet the one that we lost here last year, but you didn't realise that ......
                          :welcome: to MWO I am pleased to meet you and look forward to following your journey .......
                          sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi from Australia

Kanga's a pretty common net nick for Aussies - I used to be Roo alot on chat. Just be your own special Kanga You don't need to live up to anything...

Cashy
                            xxx

Comment

Hi from Australia

Apologies if my sign in name triggered grief

Thank you guys, I had no idea my sign in name belonged to any one else and in the interest of other peoples feelings am in the process of changing my sign in name to "Victory", because that is what I want to have over the Booze Demon
                              :thanks:

Comment

Working...
                              X