Magnesium supplement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnesium supplement

Think this might be the 'big boys' board and not the right place for this but I am sure somebody out there will have some useful advice. Finding that the recommended magnesium supplement really gives me stomach gripes. As suggested in the booklet that comes with it I have moved it to dinner time but no improvement. Next step is giving it up completely. Can anything else be taken for the magnesium? How much is it needed anyway? I'm happy to look up foodstuffs that contain it and dose up on those instead. Anyone had adverse experiences with the magnesium supp. All your thoughts gratefully received!!

Bessie xx

Magnesium supplement

Bessie, magnesium is indeed important and I try to take 250mg per day as a maintenance dose and more if I'm detoxing. you can get mag injections from your doctor by the way. the only adverse effects I get are I get the runs if I take too much.
    sorry that's about all i now on this one....someone will have more I'm sure.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Magnesium supplement

When you say "stomach gripes," what do you mean specifically? I have IBS and magnesium can cause diarrhea and bloating, but helps with constipation, so it depends on what your symptoms are. There's really no substitute for it.
      And you may ask yourself, "What is that beautiful house?" And you may ask yourself, "Where does that highway go?" And you may ask yourself,"Am I right?...Am I wrong?" And you may tell yourself..."MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?"

Comment

Magnesium supplement

Actually Ratana, I think to be accurate it is bloating but it also feels like it is irritating my stomach too. Not keen to have that feeling often. I guess i can take it just before bed and hope that I sleep through it.

Thanks

Bessie x

Comment

Working...
        X