totally Tuesday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

totally Tuesday!

Good morning all you late starters!!! Just wanted to pop in and say hi, and thank you :thanks: for all the advice and support throughout these past few weeks................

Hae a wonderful day, and will check in later!!

love and hugs!!!:h :h :l

MA
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

totally Tuesday!

Mary Anne,

Wow. You sound much better today. :l

Take care, keep it simple, and for just today don't have any alcohol. You can have some tomorrow but not today!!

(Tomorrow we'll discuss what to do then, okay?)

So glad you are feeling better.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

totally Tuesday!

Hey Cowgal, good to hear from you. Lorelei and Sammy, I am adding to this one since it is on top! I never know where to post when there are 2. Decisions, decisions

I was gone 5 days, did ya miss me? As I posted on the expletives thread, my step dad has been ill. I went out, and was there when he had all sorts of tests done. Yesterday he got the dreaded cancer diagnosis. It has already spread, and the prognosis is not good. My oldest son the one who has been having so many problems, has finally hit bottom it seems. He has promised to let me take him to rehab today-if his insurance will allow. Since he was laid off, he has started cobra, but only just recently, so doesn't have all the paperwork yet. What a mess. I was an overwhelmed, blubbering mess all day yesterday, and I look it today. My eyes are so swollen it isn't even funny I am having a hard time putting a Christmas mood on for my little girl, who very much needs, wants, and deserves a calm, peaceful mom. Lorelei, your reminders for centering are very timely. I took a long hot bath last night with essential oils, but sadly, had a wine glass in hand. I can not do that, and maintain my sanity through this trying time. I need to use all the other coping skills at my disposal. So how do y'all deal with these kind of heart wrenching stressors?

Heres hoping all y'all are having a great day, and are staying, sane, centered, and are breathing deeply:l
      Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

totally Tuesday!

Hey Cindi, must have been posting at the same time!
        Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

totally Tuesday!

You can "dance" with the illusions of time and space, choosing your "steps" based upon things and events as they now are, or you can dance with your dreams, choosing your "steps" based upon things and events as they will be.

And I bet you can guess which steps will perpetuate today's illusions, and which ones will change everything...

The Universe

Morning all,

Amethyst I did miss you sweetie. I am just heartbroken to hear about your son plus add your step fathers diagnosis to it. Even with out alcohol ever having been a problem for you, this would be an extremely trying time to be calm for anyone. I bet the bath helped a lot. A good place to cry, very cathartic indeed. I hope your son's insurance does cover this as he needs this. Wishing you a much better day moving forward through all this. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Cindi, super advice you have there!

MA, you do sound much better, hope you have a wonderful day.

Sammys, fingers crossed the doctor is a good report. Sorry you are working so hard. Hope it changes so you can get some help back in there. Nothing like a few 80 hour work weeks to make you feel like you have NO life!

Lorelei, absolutely excellent advice on centering and a super plan.

I do not know if this will help anyone or not. I always figured I really didn't need it so much physically as mentally which means this year and a half later, I could still falter big time if mentally I do not have the right cap on. That is when I think of something that Irishlady said. She has been AF for quite sometime. She said it was easier to just NOT have even one drink than to go through the torture of should I? Will I want more? . . . etc. So I am already looking at the holidays with tons of alcohol at our house including my favorite and think I will take temptation days where I say, absolutely NOT. I do not feel strong enough to moderate today so I will completely abstain. Then if I have anything other days, it has to be only 2 drinks or I have crossed a line in my body/mind that says go for as much as you would like my dear! Too easy to blow it if I have been saying NO to myself for a long time.

For those struggling, I hope today is way easier that something just clicks.

xoxoxo, Mary

Comment

totally Tuesday!

Amethyst,

Yes, you were missed! Sorry to hear of your family's troubles. Your step father, son and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sammys, hope the doctor's goes ok. You reminded me that I need to schedule a check up with mine.

MKR - I am right with you on the AF thing. It's much easier for me just to remain AF than to try and moderate at the moment. Maybe once I make some more internal progress.

-lorelei
            Suddenly I see
            This is what I want to be
            suddenly I see
            Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

totally Tuesday!

amethyst very sorry to hear what you are going through. big hug.
              cindi I am also taking your advice. seems to suit me.
              hope my mods friends are well.
              sending positive thoughts to all.
              Trix
              You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

totally Tuesday!

Amethyst, I hope you son was able to get into rehab today. Keep us posted. I really feel for you with so much on your plate. The fact that you cried and got it all out is a GOOD thing. Bottling up your emotions woould have been worse. I know you must feel spent today so, try and take care of yourself.

I am with you as well Mary with the AF. I over did it Sat night at a party so, I am back to being AF. With all the stress and Holiday events...somewhere in my mind I throw moderation out the window and give myself "permission" Easier to not even go there. I have so much crap to do this week...it simply won't get all done if I try and "relax" with ANY amount of wine. Starbucks mocha peppermint is my new Holiday drink!!
                Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

totally Tuesday!

Hey there modsters,

Just checking in on a lazy day off.

Amethyst, :welcome: Back! You were definately missed. So sorry to hear about your step Dad. I do hope your son gets into re-hab, if that's what he wants. I really hope HE WANTS IT... that will help more than anything.:h

MKR, How's the knee?

Cindy, Great to see you back in mods!:l Wonderful advise.

Hope everybody has a great day.
                  Huge Hugs, HO HO
                  Judie
                  The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                  X