Hi I'm a Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm a Newbie

I'm just preparing to start out. Is this working for you guys? I so need it to.
    Some encouragement would be welcomed.>d

Hi I'm a Newbie

Welcome P...

You have found a great bunch of people here. I have been posting on this site since Feb 14th...I have read the book, taking some supps, and have decided to go Topa free.

You also have found us in the middle(well...not quite the middle, huh girls?)
    of March Madness. Some of us are trying to abstain for a month. Everyone is non judgemental and relates to what a struggle to moderate drinking is.

Please read past posts and you can get a feel for the group and the "approach" Pick up the book, it explains the approach as far as supps, excercise, topa etc...

BW

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi Pickelili;

Welcome to the board! Everybody here is very supportive of each other..

Brandy

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Welcome!
        The program is working great for me! My biggest mistake was not fully jumping in from the beginning. I bet many others would agree. If possible, if you are serious and ready and have read the posts enough to decide that this looks like a program designed for you, DO IT!!.
        Order or download the book, make a dr. appt, order or buy the supplements at a health food store (or they are under "companion products"), get the cd's...although that's the one I'm kinda slacking on... and here I am giving advice...uh oh.!
        Anyhow, I did all the other stuff. I am doing the topamax. I'm currently on day 14. I have had a total of 6 drinks in 14 days. I used to drink an average of probably a bottle of wine or more a day!! That would be...14 x 5 drinks per btl...70 drinks!!!
        HOLY CRAP!!!!!! OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS!!! What a lush!!!
        70 drinks!!! Whoa!!! I just freaked my self out.
        No bloody wonder I have lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks.
        geesh.
        OK, I'm Ok. a hem
        to answer your question, the program works. i feel sheepish
        luv, becca

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Yes this program works. But just like anything, you have to be committed to working it. I would recommend getting the book and following as closely as possible. All aspects of the program are designed to work together, however, many people on the board have had success using parts of the book tailored to their needs. Best of luck to you in your journey.
          Donna

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

That's 14,000 calories
            FOURTEEN THOUSAND CALORIES
            Maybe more!!
            I have some very BIIIGGG wine glasses.
            Ok, I gotta go to work
            Have a great, sober day 2, everyone!!!
            Bec

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Becca's calorie count...

Oh Becca...that is so funny (well you know what I mean...)!

I don't even want to add up all the calories in all the beers that I was drinking...uggh! I think I was even lying to myself how many I could actually put away in a day!
              Happy Sober Thusday (day 2) All,
              Love, Tammie

PS: -- Welcome, this is a great program and it does work but you have to work it also and put the effort and will into it! What helps so much is this site with all of the wonderful friends on here!

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

I am scared, and I am new!

Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you know I found this website this morning and I have been reading tons of threads today. I have cried and I have laughed! That tampon box hiding is hysterical- HOWEVER doesnt beat one of my old hiding spaces--- which I will tell later, LOL!

I have wanted to admit my alcoholism to 'someone'- ANYONE- and I feel that after reading today about your group, I am ready to start the process of taking control of my life and my behavior. I need to work on getting healthy!

I have never spoken to anyone about this before. I am scared. I am going to continue to read here. Thank you!

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

I just found this today too

Looking forward to a new beginning.

Sorry I missed March madness, I would have enjoyed the support

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Re: I just found this today too

Missed it? It's only March 2nd. It's never too late! You can still get a good solid 30 days behind you. Welcome to the board! Gina

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Re: I just found this today too

YEAH, HEY...ANYONE NEW! YOU DID NOT MISS IT!!
                      My Way Out has not deadlines, no "strict"set of rules. Join things as you feel is right for you. We will let you join march madness in July, if you like!! It's all about the support. We're just trying to string a bunch of days of sobriety together, and doing it as a group is enormously helpful. Join in if you are ready! We'd love to have ya!
                      Welcome!
                      Becca

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Hi

I have enjoyed reading all day- I am leaving work now and I am headed home to where I would normally uncork 2 bottles of wine- puts me to sleep- to start this thing called life tomorrow morning! I am going to log on tonight instead of doing that. I think today has to be my first day of not drinking! I am 32 years old and I have been drinking since I was about 14. The past 3 years I have not missed a day of drinking....not one day! This is a God send website for me. I found it after asking the Lord above to help me!

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Re: Hi

Hi all and welcome,

Just start reading and posting...joinging in where ever and when ever you feel comfortable...we are all just a like you each trying to accomplish the same goal!

Hey it's only March 2...dang, just kidding..lol!
                          They don't call this March Madness for nothing!
                          Tammie

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Pickelili:

This program works!
                            I am near the end of week 9 and I have gone

Drinking my around 4-5 drinks many days a week (not all days--- I usually had about 2 days a week where I didnt drink) ...plus a real bender every couple weeks where I really did myself in.
                            ..I was always a "happy drunk" though and every one (usually) loved the cute little drunk girl side of me. Except me, especially the next morning ,...and ....wasnt liking myself at all in general.
                            I usually drank more than any of my friends and could hold more liquor. I also was starting to do some secret drinking.

TO:

Zero to 3 drinks per week. Dont really have much taste for it. Want to stop because I get an uncomfortable buzz afer a few sips, want to slow it down and go to sleep sober that night. Have lost 14 pounds. Have regained my sense of power and clarity of thought. ANd a brighter sense of the future and my control over it. I did not have to admit my problem to a group of cultish strangers and declare myself powerless as in AA. I did it in the privacy of my own lifestyle. I am SO PLEASED WITH THE RESULTS.

Before starting MWO, I tried alot of things to "cut back" or quit, I was so sincere and sometimes desperate to stop the insanity and change. But everything else I have ever tried failed within a month. MWO was the ONLY thing I have tried that has worked. ALL the ingredients of this program are key ingredients! I believe one must do ALL of them , from the very beginning. Do not leave out anything if possible! At least that is what has worked for me.

Not only was I worried about the very detrimental long term effects of alcohol on the brain and the liver and causing cancer etc etc,... but there was this overall sense of just being STUCK... Of not living optimally, of going round and round. and not living up to my potential.

20-25 drinks per week is NOT moderation. And my key life memories were more and more and more being recorded as "drunk" memories. It was getting so OLD! and what if I wound up doing something really reckless under the influence and getting myself in to some real irreversible trouble?

This program has worked for me from the day I started it, and it has been alittle scary and alittle expensive and taken some effort, but WAY easier than just quitting on ones own. A so very very worth it. Best of luck.

Comment

Hi I'm a Newbie

Pickelili & 2Drunk42Long,

Welcome to the board, I have been a member since September. This program has literliary saved my life. I was drinking every night to the point of blacking out. I would go to different liquor stores because I didn't want them to know I was an alcoholic. Like others I would hide my booze, refill the bottle so that my husband wouldn't think I was drinking as much as I was...ect. Now taking 225 mg of Topamax and Kudzu I can controll my drinking along with the support of this board. You also will be suprised what can be accompolished. I know this because....I thought I was hopeless and I'M not!

Comment

Working...
                              X