X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something is seriously wrong!

I'm not depressed, exhausted or moody.

Something is seriously wrong. :H:H

Day 12 AF and my world is slowly changing.

The headaches have nearly gone, my energy is coming back and the fog is lifting. I am actually able to focus on something for more than 2 seconds at a time.

My crazy dog (Bingo) who normally drives me insane, when he jumps at the door has become tolerable.

I urge anyone contemplating giving up AL to seriously consider it.

I think that my attitude and the support from everyone here has made a significant difference this time. I actually went into it this time telling myself that I can do this, rather than I'll see how I go. My mindset is totally different this time.

I'll be totally honest, I've had cravings, but have managed to overcome them quite easily. I have been exercising a great deal and drinking heaps of water with lemon in it.

I have taken "FULL" responsibility for my actions. I'm just sick of letting myself down.

I must admit though, I did slip. I'm back on the bloody coffee!!!

I've been off it for about 3 months and decided I needed at least one addiction. I think I can live with that.

I'm not saying any of this to boast, that is not my nature.

I just want to give a gentle nudge to anyone that knows that their life would be more enjoyable without AL. You can do it. I know you can. You know you can.

But do it with the belief that you truly can beat this insidious bloody stuff.

Thanks again to everyone who has helped me so far.

I would be lost without you all.

Cheers

Brett.
    The non drinker.

good stuff! keep goin
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Hi Brett,
      I slipped up badly the last 2 days and was sick as a dog and sick of the whole Al demon. You inspire me.
      Jessie
      make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Congrats Brett.
        I have been there and somhow went back to my old ways, but back to day 4 today and I want to feel what you feel again. Don't ket your guard down. Remember where you came from.

Comment

Fantastic job Brett. 12 days is a great start. The longer you are sober, the more you will wonder why you waited so long to start. If the pressure of friends, family, or co-workers gets strong, come visit this web site. It has worked wonders for me.

Best regards. :goodjob:

Comment

Brett,

Congratulations! I'm sure it only gets better!

Best
            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Brett,

Thank you for that! Very inspiring : )

Myheart
              Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
              - George Jackson

Comment

:goodjob: I'm with ya Brett. I think a large part of staying AF is determination. I do not pretend to understand all the reasons for AL abuse/addiction. I do know that with each passing day life looks better and I feel great.

Comment

Mohun;320397 wrote: Fantastic job Brett. 12 days is a great start. The longer you are sober, the more you will wonder why you waited so long to start. If the pressure of friends, family, or co-workers gets strong, come visit this web site. It has worked wonders for me.

Best regards. :goodjob:
                  I agree. I let social/peer pressure trip me up in the past...never again. *I* know what is right for me. It just took a long time to realize it.

Comment

Thanks for the "nudge"! I think realizing that you have to put work into it is when you will be successful.
                    For so long I expected the sober fairy to come in and sprinkle sober dust on me while I slept. Did not happen.

Ollie

Comment

Great post Brett, nice to see you doing so well in these early stages. Maintain that attitude as it will keep you strong and give you foundations to build a happy and sober future on. It's the kind of attitude that has helped me in the past move forwards after a lapse.

What coffee are you drinking anyway? Is it high strength Columbian coffee??lol That, I would be kicking into touch!!

Love and Happiness
                      Hippie
                      xx
                      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Way to go Brett!! Keep up the great work and keep us all posted!
                        I went to my doctor and told him I had a serious drinking problem and that I was in desperate need of a solution. He said, 'Stop drinking.' I said, 'I don't get it..' He said, 'Go home and think about it.'

Comment

Well done, Brett....

Don

Comment

Brett,

Great post. Jinja, no fairy dust here but lots of support!!

I am 40+ days and lovin' it!!

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Brett, what an awesome post! I couldn't be happier for you!

Keep up the fantastic work!

Love, Me
                              :l
                              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Working...
                              X