Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spirituality

personally ,
    i can not understand my problems with undefining a spiritual sense of things
    im certain my alcoholism may lay in childhood neglect prehaps my parents were too busy and i couldnt talk till i was 5 years old probably a selective mutism
    my probelm is that i have a emotional blockage something inside me needs to come out
    its sacry sometimes i wonder what this thing is ..... but its only me free from self conciousness and my own despair now im in group anaylisis i m hoping this can help
    you see im worth so much more than abusing alcohol/drugs
    rd laing once siad that mental illness is a contribution of enviormental factors and when the small child cant speak prehaps that is me
    spiritually i feel no affinity with judeo christianity i had it drummed into me since childhood i dont even give myself my a label except i belive in a force that predates it and have done spells and they work
    you see alcohol is destructive it desteroys everything
    also the soul im not talking about wicca or some psuedo new age stuff
    just the dark instinctive forces that are in all of us
    dont worry about another life its life that matters
    you were born you never knew you existed before and you wont know afterwards either
    i dont want to give a name to something i belive in but he also is a rebel like me

spirituality

its odd in terms of spirituality that everything good in so called society dosent forward the race of humanity it merely negates it
    i dont judge by colour or by creed just by the person
    .. i recommend the satanic bible
    and may you all find your own way

Comment

spirituality

All the best to you Jay xxx Thank-you for sharing.

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

spirituality

I think I understand about 1/10 of what you are saying, Jay. Probably less. But it made me think about how alcohol serves a purpose sort of like religion does for some people. Not just that it is a solace, something to turn your troubles over to, but as you said, it is something that frees you from... what? "...something inside that needs to come out"?-- but it's actually a dark force that destroys us. And not just us, but everything we touch.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

spirituality

Hi Jay

Sounds like youre a bit of a loner out there trying to make sense of stuff
          If you start thinking dark thoughts like this, AL will only make them worse, have you not heard that in all you do and all you think comes back to you and multiplys
          Stop thinking you are a bad person its just AL making you do it
          Im sure we all change into people we dont know when we drink and its bloody scary
          Please stop drinking and talk to me tomorrow or anyone for that matter
          You need to speak to someone on the forums they have fought their demons and won please talk to a friend on here

Comment

spirituality

Hi Jay,
            Like you, I don't judge people by their race or their religion; they are things that they were born into. Some people stay with the religion they started with and some change. Others abandon it all together. I have no religious label, but I do think there is a higher power, though I can't define it. Personally, the older I get, the less important being part of any church becomes. I have studied a little of most other religions, including the darker ones to gain an insight into their phylosophies and have gleaned what good I can and feel if I can live a full life causing as little damage as I can, and maybe helped out a bit along the way, then I've lived a good life.
            I'm not scared of life any more, in fact I'm relishing every second.
            Stay well Friend...

Comment

spirituality

Jay, I'm not sure what you are saying but I know I have a hard time with spirituality vs religion. I was force fed fundamentalist religion and now have rejected it. I don't believe truly good acts in society negate the furtherance of the human race. People donating anonymously to charities, neighbors cutting their elderly neighbor lawn, someone letting someone in traffic, to me are all truly good acts that do help the human race. Unfortunately goodness/religion/spirituality/ whatever you want to call it has become nothing more than a tool to be used to motivate people for someone else's agenda.
              I agree with you though that people need to search and explore different religions/beliefs and should only judge others on how they treat other people.

Cuckoo

Comment

spirituality

jay42;325438 wrote:
                you see im worth so much more than abusing alcohol/drugs
                I like this part.

Dx
                * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Working...
                X