May 22, A Daily Check-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 22, A Daily Check-in

Hi Everyone: I've been reading about triggers on other threads. I know I have them all over the place. One big one for me is actually seeing sweating bottles of wh. wine. However, the more times I get through situations where they are sitting out on counters, the easier it will get.

Here in the USA, there are ads on TV for alcohol, showing flashy people having fun drinking. Oddly, they don't usually show hangovers, blacking out, & slurring.

Take care of your sobriety. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

May 22, A Daily Check-in

Ofcourse they don't, that does not show sex appeal..

It's so nice out here today, and I am in such a great mood. The best I have been in months. I'm off to the airport, and when we come home there will be nothing but good times, a BBQ out on the deck and just lots of catching up. Life can be very very good sometimes.

All the best to everyone!

Comment

May 22, A Daily Check-in

Mary,

I enjoy readinbg your posts -- I always take something from them!
      Tiny

Comment

May 22, A Daily Check-in

Hi Mary,

I to enjoy reading your post..... Is it ture someone once told me that in New York in Time Square when they celebrate new year no is allowed to drink AL on the street, everyone was sober. Wow wish they could do that over here!
        Triggers....
        My husband always have his skol super in the fridge always buy extra at the weekends Im learning to turn a blind eye now when i open that frige door, (sometime i get a funny feeling inside me.) i used to steal his cans when i finish all mine AL. Not no more, Yep I feeling proud of myself.

Have a great AF day everyone.

Love
        Teardrop.x
        family is everything to me

Comment

May 22, A Daily Check-in

Hi everyone

Stress is one of my big triggers. I want to comfort myself!!! Then when I do mod successfully I try and kid myself that I am ok until the next binge.

Coming here every day and sticking at it is the only way. I dont like taking medication which seems to work so well for some so even if I slip the odd time its still 100% better than what I was doing before joining MWO.

Rustop

Comment

May 22, A Daily Check-in

I honestly don't know how people can refrain from drinking when there is alcohol in the house. All the more power to you. M
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

May 22, A Daily Check-in

Hi again Mary,

Its is like mind over matter, but the only way i can describe when i open that fridge door, even though there is only two cans i get a cold feeling going down me. I hope in time that cold feeling will fade away in time. (this to is a big test for me.)

Love
              Teardrop.x
              family is everything to me

Comment

Working...
              X