May 25, Sun. - A Daily Check-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone: I've been reading around. It seems some of us are having a hard time w/cravings. It might be the whole Memorial Weekend thing: hot dogs & beer, etc. For me, I just went for a walk w/my friend & our dogs. It was great. I'm going outside in a few minutes to do some gardening. My antidote to the urges is to stay active & try to keep putting it off. If I do that long enough the feeling dissipates.

I really love the AF lifestyles so much, but those old thoughts really intrude. I think that the more we resist the temptation, the easier it will become. In the year I've been here at MWO, I haven't been perfect, but some of my worst habits are disappearing:
    -always drinking while cooking.
    -always drinking while doing chores.
    -always drinking before company comes.
    -etc.

Take care of your goals everyone. I'll check back later.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Ripples HERE! better off staying BOOZEY FREE...no doubt..much better all the way around. certainly not worth the torture...waste too much time to poison oneself....I am AF as long as FOREVER...:yay::wd::thumbs::wings::sausages::excla mation:

Comment

Mary and Rippy,

Just checking in, myself, as I have had a full house all day. Children running around, went swimming with them all, cooking hamburgers and hotdogs.

Eating lots of chips and then the warm cookie and milk finale.

I had to go to doctor today to get meds for some sinus headaches I've been getting. The doctor was a bit upset with me. He asked me how long I have had this and I said "oh about 2 or 3 weeks."

He told me that I had a really bad infection (didn't realize I was running a 101 fever, for cripes sakes!!) and gave me two shots, ten more days of antibiotics, steroids, antihistamines and a stern talking to.

Geez, I didn't know!! Maybe that is why I have been in such a doldrum these last two weeks??

At least I am AF today and had fun with the whole family. It was a wonderful day.

Only 6:30 pm but I am dog tired and probably gonna hit the sack really early tonight.

Oh, and I stayed so busy today, I NEVER EVEN THOUGHT OF A DRINK!! For me, that happens very seldom, to go an entire day and not have AL visit. Must be because Chief said he was gonna stay on my other shoulder and beat the Beast up for me. Thanks, Chief!!

Love all,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi Mary, Ripple, Cindi, sounds like your Memorial day weekend went well! Us Canucks celebrated our own long weekend last weekend. But, this was a GOOD weekend for me, because my son and g/f came for the weekend, the whole family came for a BBQ, and I got through it AF!!!! It was great, and didn't miss it at all - yes, I can have a good time without drinking!
        The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Working...
        X