Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wed. - May 29 - Daily Check-in

Hi Everyone:

I thought I would check in & see how everyone is doing w/his/her goal. I'm just getting myself back on track after some rocky times in March, April, & May. I never left MWO throughout all my shenanigans, but the ups & downs definitely took a toll on me. Yesterday & today, I haven't experienced any kind of temptations, cravings, or urges. I almost felt as if I could be around open bottles of pinot grigio wo/any kind of longing. (I wouldn't put myself to a test, however.) I cannot say enough about how much MWO means to me in terms of returning to my AF goal. I've read for many, many hours here throughout the year that I've been a member. I know there are senior members who have been here much longer than I have who went through struggles & came out strong & AF. I look up to those folks & use them as role models.

I must thank you all for being here & taking the time to read this.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Thanks Mary for sharing every day. I have had a rocky month too, but we can do this. Day 4 and I am finally starting to feel better. Binges suck, and I resolve to never do that again. Have a great day.
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Lukalee: I'm getting a jump start on the month of June. I want it to be AF. Binges do suck, & why oh why do we do it to ourselves? I want to keep remembering the worst aspects of my latest:
      -horrible physical side effects (won't go into gruesome detail).
      -terrible guilt.
      -black-out.

My body is finally rid of the worst of it. Now, I'm into the daily work of staying sober. I feel grateful today for another chance.

Mary
      October 3, 2012

Comment

I am ON TRACK!!!!I keep my eyes focused forward,no looking back for me!!!
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Mary,

Like our dear Bear always told me, "You never fail unless you quit trying to quit."

He suffered relapses over and over again before finally becoming sober.

Bear was over a year sober when he was taken from us.

I will always remember him for those words and know we can overcome this and if we keep trying, we will.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I am here...it will be one week this FRIDAY back on track...phew..Thank The Lord! :lordhelpme:

Going to grab those emotions before they get to me this time....:mad-door:

Each and every hump it only gets easier, not going back to hell....:angelgirl:

I like this thread Mary....keeps us slippers from falling....:H

Comment

Ripple, is that your baby girl, Olive? She's very sweet but I know a little pistol. M

PS: I'll do whatever I can to make June a successful month for anyone who really wants it. I have lots of social events, but I like:
              -lemonade
              -iced tea
              -soda
              -food

Mary
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary
                We love you too!!!......I can hear the success in your words today. I am so happy for you!!!
                sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Char: Your words mean a lot to me. You are such a quiet, understated success story...7 months right?! I love it. Mary
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

YES...thats PISSA...i am getting so PISSED...i want an F>>>>ING drink! :H I took tons of pic's of home and about and can't get them here! :H yes that is OLIVE sitting on the kitchen table and now probably shitting somewhere while i am up here on the puter...DAMN. :H

Comment

I ate today a god-damn APPLE FRITTER the size of a COW PLOP..the thing had to be 6,000 calories! okay to my other forum to post pictures...BYE. :H

Comment

Musta been some damn good fritter!!!.....Hope you can post those pics..sounds like your getting a tad frustrated!!
                        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

June, June, June. Can't wait for June. May was a total flop after a great April. I just applied for a new job, I joined a quit smoking research study and set that quit day for Jun16th, and a neighbor of mine and I are joining the gym; really can't wait for June and all of the wonderful things I have lined up. Last year as far as drinking was a HORRIBLE month. I have a lot of 'down' time that month. I am going to try to keep busy so stupid ass AL stays far, far away. I hate white knuckling it, so I need a serious plan.
                          Goal 1: Today
                          Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                          X