You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're driving along, hit the lever to clean your windscreen and find yourself craving screenwash.

Sorry, but the smell of screenwash makes me want a drink.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

or when you find yourself licking the spills off the floor..............

Comment

When you find yourself upside down in a Ford Explorer with rescue busting your window and you have no idea how you got there.
      When you wake-up the next morning with a huge gash in your head that requires 18 stitches and have no idea what the hell happened.
      When you wake-up so hung over you start drinking again to make the pain go away.
      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Aiiiiii Brittzak - that happened to you???
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

...you have to make sure you have enough to "get the job done" before you start.

Comment

WHEN YOU WAKE UP THE NEXT MORNING A SICK PUPPY ! IAD!
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

or a sick kitty
              :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

- you lie, you hide, you cheat
                - you spend more money on heavy make-up to cover up the blemishes
                - you neglect your home, your children, yourself
                - you think about your first drink as soon as you wake up
                - you join mwo because you know it cannot continue and you need help

i could list a million reasons how i know i'm an alcoholic. the important thing for me is doing something about it.

wow, sorry to get serious, but admitting you're an alki is serious stuff!

one. x

Comment

When you run out of booze and 'want' more you will go ask your neighbour for some - aaarrrghhhh.

Lx
                  Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

When you find hidden bottles, full and empty, that you don't remember hiding!
                    "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

...you are always the first to the party and the last to leave....sometimes not leaving but passing out on the couch well after having a few more drinks when those who live there have already gone to bed
                      dove

Comment

You find letters in the morning begging you to stop drinking. You have no idea who they are from but they are in your own hand-writing.
                        Enough is enough

Comment

You open your Big Book at an AA meeting and note that you have very carefully printed the words "No, Thanks, I Don't Drink!!!" and drawn a big smiley face on the title page - obviously during a drunken blackout...no shit, I couldn't make this stuff up...

Comment

When there is always a reason to drink, you're sad, happy, bored, sick, ...........you can always find an excuse.......

Comment

.... when you count up the transactions on your bank statement and realise that you spent more on booze in a month than your mortagage
                              Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Working...
                              X