Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Welcome to all. Here you will find comfort and support as you 'nestle' with a family of people whose sole purpose is to support and help one another as they regain control of their lives and futures once and for all. I am priveleged to be your tour guide as you begin the journey to discover the future you so richly deserve.
    Renewal

Newbies Nest

First one in the Nest. lol. Good idea renewal, now you don't have to change the thread every month. I hope that u and all of the other Newbies are well. I finally got a decent night's sleep last night. I was going nuts with sleep deprivation and lack of appetite. Things are, hopefully, turning around. Day 24 for me. Aside from the above issues, I am doing very well. Over three weeks without a beer has made me lose 5 pounds without even trying. How sweet is that!! My family has commented on how much better I look. They told me, which I knew, but wouldn't admit it, that I was all puffy and bloated looking before. I felt so uncomfortable like that. Have to work today 3-11, in a job that I do not love. If I was drinking, I would certainly blow it off, drink, and worry about losing my job. So glad that I do Not have to go there today. Welcome to our new thread all. I really look forward to reading all of your posts. You Can Beat Alcohol One Day at a Time. Love to all who visit.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Why did we switch treads??

Why the switch? Is it just a new name?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Rachel....and seacailin.....just made the change so people not starting out in June wouldn't feel 'left out'....didn't want to feel 'confined' to a certain month. Anyhow, glad you guys are here....now fly away and find more of our friends....I'll take care of the twigs....
        Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Renewal --- thank you for starting this new thread. I just found this site about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I look forward to many AF days now that I know where I can turn to for encouragement and support. I'm doing this privately ... haven't even told hubby about my attempt (although I know he'll be more than happy to have me stop or at least moderate my drinking) .... Moderation is what I strive for, but I understand after reading through some threads, that it's possible I may have to go AF. Look forward to my future!:new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Seems I need help rounding up the newbies

Hi all
            so glad u are here. I have been trying to bring this thread back to life. How's it going Renewal? Don't believe that I told you about the Northeast meetup. There are 10 of us from MWO who are meeting in Boston on Saturday. I am so psyched!!! I can't believe that I will actually be meeting people from this site. Well, on day 25 today. Funny, it will be 29 days, God willing, when I meet the gang from here. Still not sleeping great, but it is getting better. Also having some gastrointestinal probs. Not sure if it's all the supps/vits. or what. Hopefully, these issues will pass. I felt a hell of alot worse when I was drinking. Maybe my body is just still in shock or could be that I am extremely stressed out do to underemployment, leading to huge financial probs. for me. On the upside, I have opportunities this week for two permanent jobs, with Health Insurance, Whoo Hoo. I will keep you all posted. Best wishes to all today to remain AF or Mod.:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

That's fantastic seacailin....what a great trip that'll be....actually putting a few names to faces....and seeing in person, people who offer such wonderful support. I am envious and hope you have a wonderful time. Also, good luck on the job interviews this week. New day, yes you may be doing this 'privately', but never feel you are doing it alone. Use us all for help and support when you need it, as that's why we're here.....people helping people.....what a concept, eh........have a fantastic day my friends.
              Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,

I am new. I have posted a tiny bit but mostly reading the threads and advice. This is what has kept me AF for 21 days now. I LOVE it here. It is so helpful and supportive. It is what helps me most. Thank you all.
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello and welcome one2many and startingover....this is a wonderful place to be. I strongly encourage you to take a look at the 'Newbies unite June 08' thread to get a better feel. I just changed over to this thread a couple days ago.......please feel free to tell us a little more about yourself. We are here to help you in any way we can. I need to leave for work now (I work evenings), but again, welcome to our family.
                  Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning to all ---- starting day 3 AF.... but it will be a Mod day for me ... having dinner with my bridge group, so 1 glass of wine will be in order. No fear of drinking more, as I need to have my brain functioning for the game and also I have to drive home. Problem used to be (and it will be another test tonight) -- is that I would restrain myself while out, knowing I had to drive home, but then "reward" myself when I got home with a few nightcaps. Not tonight --- I will come here if I feel that need. Nice to have a plan to help deal with it. Thanks for being here everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Fellow Newbies,
                      Another beautiful day in the Northeast. Two in a row. Amazing for this summer! Well, Day 26 for me, starting to sleep a bit better. The stomach trouble is still here. Not sure what the problem is, but my doc won't do a work up until I have health insurance, which, hopefully will be very soon. I wish success to all today in remaining AF or Mod, whatever, your goal is. I am working today 3-11. So grateful that I am in good enough shape to show up for work as scheduled. Have a very important interview tomorrow for a permanent job with benefits. I am currently working for an agency, and am not getting enough hours, and No health insurance. Please send positive vibes, prayers my way. Thanks all.:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you so much, One2many. I am Irish on both sides of the family, and always felt that I had the "curse" rather than the "luck". In my experience though, things do seem to get better when I am working hard to better myself. Please thank your little ones for me too.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Renewal for starting this thread. I was away for the weekend and although I bounced onto the Newbies thread at the end of last week I have been batteling to catch up again so this was the perfect excuse for me to jump back on again.

A short intro... I have been modding for the last 12 weeks, shoo it doesn't feel that long, I have read the book from cover to cover finally... I missed the part about doing 30 days AF chapter initially I think I was so excitied about MWO that I stopped at the suppliments page....LOL I have been takin Topa the whole time but I haven't upped my dosage more than 200mg and I have most of the suppliments.

As far as the modding goes, I have one glass of wine a night and on the weekends I allow myself 2 glasses and Sundays are AF which have been fine except for a couple of slips which when I went back and analysed was when I ran out of 5-HTP and GABA, so this month, finances permitting I would like to up my game.

Hi to all and I look forward to "meeting" everyone.
                          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was worried earlier today how I was going to handle a dinner with my bridge group knowing there would be wine. I planned just to have a glass, and drink as a normal person would. I managed to do just that .... when I was given the glass, I set it aside for awhile before I took a sip, knowing the longer I left it, the better. After a couple of sips, I asked for a glass of ice water, and sipped on that in between.
                            Normally after I'd get home, I'd then start to really drink. However, tonight was different ... got home and had no desire to have more! What a change that is. The encouragement that is found here is wonderful. Just knowing you have a place to come to and feel secure discussing your fears and then the little celebration of achievement (even if it's a small step) is the greatest feeling. :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fantastic posts today!! This is a process folks....don't beat yourself up, feel guilty or any of that. I respect you all for having the guts join this forum. You have not only identified a problem, but taken the
                              time to address it here AND offered support to others experiencing the same. Keep on posting.....we're all in this together and I'm proud to share this space with you.
                              Renewal

Comment

Working...
                              X