First Day Posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Day Posting

I am new to posting. I feel that I am drinking too much Pino Grigio so I started taking the supplements a month ago and the Topomax about 2 weeks ago, still on 25. I probably was drinking 3-4 bottles a week and want to cut back. I usually can make it about 5 days and then will have a glass and have been ok with that for a month. Last night I had 3 glasses and did not feel too good this morning and my son and husband get angry with me. So today is a new day and now that I can post I look forward to the support. I would like to try and make it the 30 days AF but can't seem to get past 5. I will continue to try.:new

First Day Posting

:welcome:Welcome Helpwanted ---- I have had the same struggle. I was on day 5 yesterday (again) and thought I was feeling strong enough to make it through, but gave into the wine calling for "just one glass" ... that lead to the whole bottle. I'm pleased that I've been able to have many more AF days since finding this site a couple of months ago, but would seriously like to do 30 days as recommended.
    So, what do you say ... let's give it a good try together! You will find lots of support here, and in the "General Discussion" section, there is a AF Army thread where you will find a lot of supportive people.

Comment

First Day Posting

Hi New Day,
      Thanks for the support. I am willing to try the 30 days together. I was just reading the AF post and they are very interesting. So do we just join in and start replying to the post on there?

Comment

First Day Posting

Help,
        Yes, just jump into any thread that you feel comfortable in! We'd love to see you participating; this site has been an unbelievable help to me in the last 6 weeks. You are going to meet lots of new friends who are ready and willing to lend support and kindness through this struggle to become AF. I look forward to getting to know you better. Have a great weekend, Help.
        Kriger
        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

First Day Posting

Thanks Kriger and One2many. I have been sitting here for 2 hours readign post so I guess I should get up and be some what productive. I will check back in later. I am excited about my new on-line friends.
          Thanks HW

Comment

First Day Posting

Hi HelpW,

Think I welcomed you on another thread, but there's no such thing as too much welcome!!! You mentioned that you're on the supps and topa, and wonder if you've read RJ's book and/or have thought about the hypno cd's? I've found them very helpful. They really helped set my drinking mind in a healthier direction the first 30 days. I'll admit I was very faithful and listened to them according to the schedule outlined. That was a tad easier for me as I don't have little ones at home who demand my attention. Anyway, one of the most helpful aspects from a long term view is that you can pull them out periodically for a good brain wash and wax. I feel like I have the tools for long term control which I never had before. In any event, I wish you well --

Vera-b

Comment

First Day Posting

Welcome. Keep reading.......you will be welcomed by everyone and there is great support here.
              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

First Day Posting

Welcome HP. Hope to speak to you again soon. Stay positive. Your in a good place.
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Working...
                X