how exciting my first self-suture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this morning I was adjusting a sheath on one of my fancy custom knives and cut myself badly. one of those cuts where you start sweating instantly and think: oh crap!

well, it was very deep and I thought about driving to my doc but figured I'd try to "Rambo" myself back together. easier said than done! I dug out my Y2K suture kit and found I only had one suture needle size 27mm way too big! but I tried it anyway. I squirted some xylocain/lidocaine in the wound several times and finally the flow lessened and I got to work. I tried to control the needle with forcepts but had no dexterity in my left hand so switched to fingers. the base of the needle was so fat it kept ripping out and I had to start over and over. arg! not fun. finally got one stitch across the main part of the wound and called it a day even though I could use 3 more. got it wrapped up now and hopping that it doesn't start gushing again. typing sucks! and the kitchen looks like a slasher movie was filmed here. icky.

hope your day goes better than mine is going!
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

OMG DET,That is amazingly BAD and GOOD.Terrible that you cut yourself,of course but good that you are strong enough to stitch yourself up...That takes GUTS...A dog tore my duck apart once and i stuffed the guts back in and sewed it up with fishing line.The duck went on to live for years...Maybe a Dr. visit is the best way to get it to heal right...I poured honey in the ducks wound and he never got infected but I am concerned that you may not be so lucky...Please take care of yourself...
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Are you being wimpy again? :H
      If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

No seriously, I am sorry that happened! Evie's right.... you might need to get it checked out when you can but at the very least keep it disinfected so you dont get an infection. Hope you day looks up from here!
        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Jiminie Xmas Det! Are you insane? I hope Detx makes you go to the doctor or at least a clinic! Heck, I can't even give myself shots! I can give others them though

Comment

Just one stitch...
            Cissie!
            Now go get the kitchen cleaned up.

Comment

hahahah! I'd have tried the other stiches but I cut the string too short. darn interns! hahahah!

yeah Dx would flip if she was here. I've got an appointment today very near my doctors....life it trying to tell me something?

suture self

get it! hahahahahaa
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

SORRY TO HEAR THAT DET BUT I COULDNT HELP BUT LAUGH JUST ALITTLE ..
                well me being a carpenter god i get too many cuts scraps well there was this one time with a belt sander and my finger very bad .. and i always hate going to hospitals and me being a handyman i carry almost everything i need .. exept a first aid kit.. but i got duct tape and and black tape and both work when needed ..LMAO
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

OMG Det!! Ya freakin' Nut!! I hope you are ok., and yes, do get it checked out, Nurse's orders!!!!
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

D is officially nuts- but sober, so has my respect. Maybe DX should take the toys away from D until he can be more responsible with them! lol

Comment

Popeye;423558 wrote: Just one stitch...
                      Cissie!
                      Now go get the kitchen cleaned up.
                      Too funny....not the cut D, just what popeye said. You are brave.
                      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Det, I picture you as Jesse Ventura in 'Predator' uttering the line "I ain't got time to bleed...."
                        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Awww Det.........I`m impressed........I always am by any man who`s into D.I.Y.!!! lol

Hope you`re feeling less of an ouch soon.

Darling x
                          Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

OMG who do you think you are Granny Clampet with her doctoring bag.

Men I tell ya!!!!!!

Hope you do not get gangreen or anything.

Sammys

Comment

Det, that was nuts! I hope DX gives you a good lecture. Now get your butt to the doctor.
                              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
                              X