Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Sun 19/10

Hey where's everyone today??

Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend and that's why you haven't had a chance to check in.

Just a quickie before I head out this afternoon to go and have lunch with a friend - well more like I'm being bribed to help her shorten her curtains lol

I had a fantastic time at the theatre last night but only got to sleep at about midnight which is way past my normal bedtime so I had a late start to the day. My family have left and the house is now back to normal.

It's hubby's birthday today but I had to wait until lunch time before I could speak to him 6pm his time. I thought today would be a rough one for me but I have been keeping myself so busy that I am having a ball TBH!!

I must just tell you quick that somehow my Mom and I got talking last night before the show started about me not drinking anymore. I haven't told her anything about MWO nor did I tell her about going AF for 2 months but she knew all along!! HA here I thought I was hiding it so well ..... but Mums always know don't they. It was such a load off to be able to speak to my Mum about it and also not feel too emotional about it.

K, now I'm late so I'll catch up with everyone when I get back.

Have a great Sunday Mod Squad!
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Mod Squad Sun 19/10

hi DeeBee
    Thanks for starting this thread. I am glad you were able to talk to your mom, and it sounds like in a healthy way - nonshaming and all? I feel like when my kids are adults, we will have that kind of relationship. In my family of origin, I more try to protect myself. So I am not gossiped about or anything.
    I was alone all day - had a lot of reading to do, took Kudzu, and only had 2 drinks. I started at like 1:00 Still, it is a big big improvement. When my kids are around, it is more like 1 or 2 drinks. Alone, hmmm...anyways, these last few days on the boards have made me more inspired about really really cutting down, not totally quitting, but changing my mindset about it all. Feeling more motivated. And getting away from that tyranny of worrying if I have enough, enough for Sunday, when liquor stores are closed. I am just feeling more positive.
    Today, more reading, and more home organization!
    Thanks you all for being here!
    Lila

Comment

Mod Squad Sun 19/10

hi 02m
      Must have cross posted! Nice to see you visiting the Mod Squad!
      Lila

Comment

Mod Squad Sun 19/10

Hi Deebs,
        It's great your mum is now in on your Secret. Not being an actual secret is one of the many lies Al tell us. Telling people is a bigger level of committment. I think many wait until they have been successful. My husband told me he could tell when I had been drinking. I didn't believe him except beyond a certain level. I now cherish the honesty I have re-established in our relationship.

Lila, that drinking alone rule baffles those of us who spend a good deal of time alone. My husband and I have a very comfortable relationship, but he loves sitting in his media room by himself watching TV and playing video games. I don't enjoy those activities at all, would much rather read a book. So I used to drink alone a lot, and he wouldn't be aware at the time until he realized I was sloshed. He also drinks but moderately. Most evenings he takes some evening food and probably a 10 oz. serving of wine down to his room. I don't have any answers here, but it probably is a little easier to moderate when you know someone is aware of how much you have consumed. But ultimately, it is up to us. As my husband said, it's my problem.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mod Squad Sun 19/10

hi all
          Sunbeam, I don't like a lot of TV, and I don't like video games, either! Do you mean the rule that it is ok to drink in company, but pathological if you are on your own? It is probably because there are more extroverts than introverts, so of course they are more 'normal.'
          Oh, DeeBee, I wish you would make me some curtains!! What's here is these dreadful miniblinds - I think they are called. Maybe my daughter can make us some curtains. These youngsters - they are sewing and knitting!
          Quiet day on the boards. Guess I will have to go do something constructive!
          Lila

Comment

Mod Squad Sun 19/10

Lila, I'd love to come over there and make you cutains for your home. I went over to my friends house at lunch time and ended up having a lovely time re-decorating her house for all the guests which are arriving soon for a wedding. We also had a great heart to heart which we haven't done in a while as I have been avoiding her since begining the program - she is a hugge trigger for me, I just can't say no to her. She want's to go NF with me next year! She did offer me a glass of wine to which I declined and was expecting her to try and twist my arm, but she surprised me but being so wonderfully supportive in my decision.

Oh dear my daughter has just advised me get off the computer as she had made dinner for us and it's ready....lol how the tables have turned.... I'll be back later.
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Squad Sun 19/10

Helloooooo!
              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Squad Sun 19/10

Hi everyone!

Just got on the computer this morning (11:30 am here).

I began my program today and plan to do a 30 day AF. I took my powdered multivit, mineral, and amino acid this morning and my mid-morning supps. I will listen to the first of my hypno cds after lunch. I can't believe how energetic I feel already.

Lila, reading the book really helped me. RJ does suggest that to be successful in the program that you should decide to do a period of AF. She also says to use periods of AF as a maintenance plan. I don't want to quit drinking either. So I am putting everything into the program that I can. Some people on the forum have made "rules" for moderating. I have read that most choose not drinking alone as one of their rules. For me I want to adopt that one. I also have realized that I drink to escape my negative feelings and that must become a moderating rule for me. I am really happy that you have cut back! That has to feel really good for you. Keep up the hard work.

Hi O2M! Hi Sunbeam!

DeeBee, it's so nice you can talk openly with your mom. It's hard to talk about this because of the stigmatisim around excessive drinking. So far I have a very small select few that I can talk with about my drinking problem and what I am doing about it.

Hi Vlad, you out there?

periwinkle
                Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Mod Squad Sun 19/10

Hello moddies,

My, my it is quiet, even for a Sunday! Deebs, you amaze me! Here I thought we'd be picking you up daily as you slogged through lonely days with hubby on the road. But, alas and alak - you've planned some wonderful activities, spent time with friends and family, and kept your hands busy being creative. You are a working your way to "Moddie of the Month." That and your ostrich keep all of us on our happy toes.

Hi o2m - thanks for stopping by our little squadron. You are always a refreshing voice. And Lila, Sunbeam, Vlad and Peri - happy Sunday! Not much going on in Vera land. Church, balancing the checkbook, laundry, etc. - don't get too giddy with excitement. I'm not. But I am thankful for these plain old regular days. I'm comfortable, warm, and blessed in so many ways. Now if the Red Sox could just pull out a victory tonight. . .

Vera-b

Comment

Working...
                  X