Keep It Simple...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep It Simple...

Found this quote today and thought I would share. It deals with the mental change that many people go through when working a program to get sober and the change in outlook that they experience because of it. Remember, we can spend out time being remorseful for the things we did or didn't do, or we can learn from those experiences and use them for growth in our new way of living.
    -------------------------------------------

"What happened to our years of drinking and using other drugs? They seemed to pass so quickly with so little to show for them. We had plans, but we didn’t get where we wanted to go. There was always “tomorrow.”

What a difference today! Now we work a program that helps us really live each day. We’re not losing time out of our lives anymore. Now every day is full of life: sights, sounds, people, feelings---those things we used to miss out on."

Author Unknown
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Keep It Simple...

I look back on the last however many years and think what a waste. But then another part of me tells me that this has taught me something and is helping me to appreciate the smaller things in life now. If I hadnt gone through this maybe I would still be chasing the unattainable.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Keep It Simple...

I agree Starting ...all experience accounts for something.

Comment

Keep It Simple...

Yeah - I had my fill, but of course just changed again. Feeling my oats today, so to speak! :b&d:
        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Keep It Simple...

I can't believe the energy I have in my new life. I go to work every day, out to community activities almost every evening, get tons of stuff done on the weekends too. And here I had thought I was getting old at the age of 54! Just get the alcohol out of the equation, stupid...
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Keep It Simple...

Life's such a bitch at times but I'm thankful I'm not back drinking on those thoughts and emotions today. I wouldn't be here otherwise. Thanks AA for your positive posts recently, they've really helped.

Love and Happiness
            Hippie
            xx
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Working...
            X