Do I really need supplements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm 4 days AF and haven't received my Topa yet (ordered it through riverpharmacy.com). I just received the other supplements yesterday and the CD's (haven't listened yet...will do this morning). I was so sick (hungover) 4 days ago and found this site that I became so determined not to drink. Now I wonder if I need the supplements as I have no physical cravings now. In the past I have become so disguisted with my drinking that I have been AF for 2=3 days...sometimes even a week. I then think since I didn't have a hard time (no DT's) that maybe I really don't have too big a problem and the cycle begins again. Crazy booze!

My question is...are the supplements for physical cravings or mental ones as well? I'm no longer fooling myself and know I need the CD's and the Topa...just not sure about all the other supps.

I went last night to a charity Christmas ornament making party where they had all kinds of sweets and I couln't get enough! I don't keep sugar in my house because I eat healthy. I think it was also social anxiety that made me want to "feed" myself something to "feel good". I'm very outgoing (except when I used to isolate from drinking) and no one that knows me would ever believe I feel a kind of fear in social situations...like I'm afraid I won't measure up. I felt like a little kid going to school last night. It really was fun after I got into it and when I got home I was amazed I could enjoy myself so much without drinking (there was no alcohol there...thank the Lord!),

Any words of wisdom for me?

Hope you all are having a good day.

Hiya Forgiving. Well done on the 4 days! I didnt struggle to start because I felt so ill, but I did really crave after the first week. I have found that the Kudzu and Lglut help the physical cravings. I dont take Topa or anything like that but I did "white knuckle" to start. Since taking the supps my cravings are few. They reared their head recently because my life got difficult but I know that is just my head telling me that!
    Totally understand the social anxiety too. Even that is getting a little easier
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi StartingOver, thanks for the reply. Do you take the L-Glut opened up under your tongue or do you just swallow the capsule whole?
      Congrats on almost 4 months AF!!!

Comment

Thanks! I take the capsules whole twice daily but if I as craving then directly under Tongue. I am religious about taking them though.

Comment

Is it awful tasting under the tongue?

Comment

pretty yuk :-)

Comment

Hi forgiving,

The supps are for repairing and healing the body as well as cravings, I would reccomend them. I hope you like the CD's, I love them.

Good luck to you
              :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

AK, there is no real difference between "physical" cravings and "mental" cravings. All cravings are experienced in both the mind and the body, and they all come "out of" our brains. Just as ak girl says, the nutritional supplements help the body (which of course includes the brain, which in turn creates the mind) to repair itself, and function properly.

wip

Comment

I also think the supplements are a good idea. We have done a lot of damage to our bodies. The supplements help to repair that damage. Personally, I needed all the help I could get!
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Makes complete sense. Thanks to all of you.

Comment

get some All One too Forgiving, its amazing! Check out the thread "My Fingernails are on Steroids"

Comment

Just got my text the other day from Nutritech (they make the AllOne). Great discount (better than the book offers). Love the stuff!

ALL ONE Winter Sale!
                        35% off ALL ONE Supplements.
                        Use the coupon code HS08 to order or call 800-235-5727.
                        You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Can I use that code to order from here?

Comment

aha!!! now i understand more about why it's good to use the supplements... didn't occur to me that they would help to REPAIR brain and body too!!?!! i've never used any stuff like that.. paracetemal and ibuprofen are my staple pals... never used the natural homeopathic remedies.. have had multi-vitamins pre AL but always forgot to take them!!! i guess i'll go see if they sell stuff like that in spanish chemists... they still sell antibiotics over the counter..so who knows what they may hand over?!!!!
                            ps can't order off this site or anywhere else as credit card broke years ago....!! oops!

Comment

Heya forgiving....my 2 cents, I think they are very good. They have helped me a lot. nat
                              Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Working...
                              X