out of line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

out of line

just curious is this AA or MY WAY OUT,ive done both how bout you,dont be shy

out of line

I have done both too. What ever works for you successfully Gyco- just go for it. Both help me , but MYO is more readlily available to me than AA, AA puts faces on people, which is kind of nice. I was fine with my AA meetings- til I ran into someone I knew- (left before she spotted me) so right now I am just relying on MWO
    DLW
    AF 31 days
    31 Days MWO member
    DLW
    Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
    And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
      Today is a Mystery
      Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

out of line

its called antanganising ones thots,principles 1st.i have a lot of time to talk,this week,got my shot today,hopefully it works,if not try,try, again,sick day tomorrow,so the neck and arm rest,plus i took a few holiday days,hopefully i can persuade my better half as i refer her as, to go 200,miles away to the states[duluth minn]havent been ther for a while,if not all just rest or go to my partners dad s camp,cottage hahah,

Comment

out of line

everyone in europe must be eating i can smell the roast turkey,hahahahhaa

Comment

out of line

Gyco, I currently do both and think that they actually compliment each other for me.
          Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

out of line

Gyco, even though your question is about AA, I will chime in and say that I too am getting value from more than one program. I've not been to AA but I am working the SMART recovery program. There are a lot of great "tools" that provide a structured approach to some of the problems we all have. As an example, I am finding the SMART ABC tool to be very helpful in managing those conversations that go on inside our heads. (with AL, or about other things!) The whole point is learning to identify irrational thinking, and switch it up to rational thinking.

They also have on-line formal meetings which I find useful and there is an in person meeting in my town that I have been going to now for a few months.

I also find the MWO program helpful. At this stage, the supplements (for now, especially All-One and L-Tryptophan when needed) have been a great help. I also used the CD's early on. RJ's recommendations about diet and exercise have been crucial.

So I DO think that different programs offer different things that can be useful, and taken together.

Best wishes. Hope life is good for you!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

out of line

I quit for 5 or 6 years with AA. I have my kids and don't have a babysiter for them so I can't go, so I'm thankful theres MWO. Plus I live in a small town now, and doubt I could bring myself to go to meetings even if I could. Im glad both seem to work well for me.
              MM

Comment

out of line

For me it has been MWO....all the way.
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                X