Milk thistle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milk thistle question

Does anyone know if it should be taken with food, or on an empty stomach?
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Milk thistle question

Before food is what it says on my bottle...

Comment

Milk thistle question

Thanks, I guess that means on an empty stomach?
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Milk thistle question

I always took it with food, but then I can't hack it anyway and have ended up drinking milk thistle tea.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Milk thistle question

beatle,
          my research says that it is best absorbed on anempty stomach.

pperiwinkle
          Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Milk thistle question

I my milk thistle tea first thing in a morning before anything else.
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Milk thistle question

:yuk:

Comment

Milk thistle question

Thanks Peri, that's what I thought, but I couldn't find it supported anywhere, and then I oticed that a lot of multi supplements have milk thistle in them, and they are supposed to be taken with food.

vlad, why can't you hack the mt?

Comment

Milk thistle question

vlad, I have also read that the only side effect identified with it is diarreha. But that is only supposed to last for the first couple days. What have you experienced. I would imagine that the tea might not taste so good.
                  Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Milk thistle question

I heard it is much better to take milk thistle in a tincture form. I guess that is true of almost any herb, actually. But that is 1) much more expensive and 2) usually only comes in a base of grain alcohol (thanks, but no thanks!).

I did try it once, though, when I found a tiny $9 bottle of alcohol-free stuff. You put 30 drops in water and drink it. It tasted fine. Not particularly offensive, anyway (like valerian-- ugh!).

Comment

Milk thistle question

beatle;476633 wrote:
                      vlad, why can't you hack the mt?
                      It makes me nauseous.

Comment

Milk thistle question

periwinkle;476643 wrote: I would imagine that the tea might not taste so good.
                        The tea is OK, as it also has lemon and limeflower in it. It is a drink designed to have first thing in the morning after a heavy night out - hence its name Morning Detox.

Comment

Milk thistle question

vlad, I have been taking milk thistle for years, tried many brands, and only one ever made me nauseous. Maybe you should try another brand? I suggest the MWO stuff-- I've done a good bit of comparison shopping based on both physical experience and value for money, and the MWO stuff wins hands down. (It is very concentrated, so you get about 2 caps worth (of other brands) in each cap of the MWO stuff. It also has dandelion root and artichoke, I think, which I know is supposed to work in synergy with the milk thistle, but I suspect it also makes the mt less harsh on your tummy.)

Comment

Milk thistle question

p.s. I know I sometimes sound like an MWO advert, but actually, I only use specific products from MWO which have stood the stringent beatle test. In fact, I get the majority of my supps elsewhere-- but the ones I get from MWO are unique and, in mho, absolutely superior.

Comment

Milk thistle question

good call Beatle, and supporting a good cause to boot!

thank you for reminding me to reorder my milk thistle
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X