Part three stage left .. what life brings me everyday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part three stage left .. what life brings me everyday ... I try to be happy most of the time .. but recently it has been one test after another ... being with a girl friend that is always in a lot of pain almost everyday ... two kids that I love more than anything ... work that has slowed down to a standstill .. and just trying to come up with ways to find and promote my business ... an Uncle that I live with and take care of his house and him right now, plus my girlfriend ... and now with my two sons they love me and worry about me ... but do not want to come here and spend time with me over a weekend ... because of a few things to do with my girlfriend ... yeah she can be a little controlling or trying to be step mom ... but I try to work everything out ... and now the main thing my Uncle .. what has been on my mind is what if ... something was to happen to him ... where would I be ..where would I go .. these are a lot of things I have to deal with ... and yes there is alcohol in the house and wine ... but I choose not to drink .. well, done for now ... stage left next hummmmmmmm
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Hi T,

As you have often said yourself, life will always bring these stresses and there for me are two choices, to ride them out and do the best we can or stick our head in the sand and drink (or whatever to escape). At least I feel doing the best I can means I have given it my best shot and we all know that drinking does not help us do any of this. It will certainly not make your girlfriends pain disappear or your boys want to join you for the weekend. I am sure they are getting to the age where they just want to do their own thing. I have a teenage stepson so I can relate to that a little. It must also be hard on your girlfriend.
    Hope things sort themselves out

xx
    There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Here's my secrets ... of how I have made it so long AF .. I do what ever it takes to get where I want to be .. I have gone to AA meetings off and on for the past year and I have come to my way out website, Sober Recovery alcoholism & drug addiction site, also sober-circle and have read so many threads of different things and stories... and in everyone of these sites I have seen the same.. everyone looking for a sure thing...
      Well hello, wake up and smell the roses .. you can take all the 'stop drinking' things that are out there and still never quit drinking
      and I have heard the same from most people ... I don't know where to look or who to talk to or where do I start ..
      start by looking in the mirror ...do you really love or like what you see there and if you don't like it .. change get off your ass and do something ..don't wait for someone to hold your hand .. because in my case there was no one there ..
      but just maybe for you it might be different ..speak and ask questions don't throw it away before you read the fine print ..
      and truly all you have to do.. is look deep within yourself to find all the answers you ever needed ..
      I'm a simple man not book smart but street smart and hands on .. if I wanted anything in life I had to get it on my own .. I'm 41 and I have seen things, death, child abuse, drug addiction, alcoholism, everything and the kitchen sink.. the list goes on ..
      but where I'm at today is because first of me I want it .. I want to be sober not for anyone but me now ..
      and it doesn't take a magic pill or reading a book ..
      it all starts with you wanting it .. opening your heart and face those fears .. well done for now, next stage left, part three next time...

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is me being a positive person on this site .. i love you all and you know that... i have been here a long time .. and i have seen alot of people come and go on this site .. and well i have to say the truth and the truth is .. life comes and it goes .. this site is about alcoholics ..wanting to try and help themselves and other ..with mods or AF. well first mods i think its a for a person that can go an week, months with out drinking .. and if you not .. you are just fooling yourself its a lie behind the lie.. that you can control it just because if you find yourself going Thur a bottle of wine a night and you call it good ..there's problem.. now please don't get me wrong I'm just being honest and just my opinion.. and as for AF yeah its a good way to go AF is hard work...but rewarding. but it has draws backs too .. you see things as they really are .. now please again not meaning to offend anyone .. just stating my opinion.. and now for the last part
        stage left.. if i have offended anyone in anyway of what i have said here or in the past i would like to apologize.
        and there is one more thing learn how to smile .. if this is delete then just go ahead and delete me too with it .. its call my right to speak my mind .. so with this being said stay strong and think positive .. an happy holidays

Comment

Hi T, It is an amazing accomplishment to have been AF since Oct. 2007! Congratulations! Bandit is certainly right about the kids reaching a stage when they prefer to stay in one place or the other, rather than visit the non-custodial parent. I raised my three kids and two step children, so I have been through all of which you speak. It would be nice to think that when the kids got older they wanted to hang around with me - b-cause I was sooooo cool. NOT! Truth is, their friends where around, and they wanted to be where their friends were. I am sure that is the case with your boys. As for the step-mom thing, been there, done that too! Not easy on anyone, including your girl friend.

You're exactly right, drunk or sober, life with all of its' problems keeps coming at us. When I drank, I thought that I was escaping my problems. But all I was doing was postponing dealing with them, and making them much worse. So, bring it on, I'd rather do it sober!

It is awesome that you are not turning to drink, to escape all of the stresses. If I could make any suggestion, it would be have a plan of what you will do, in the event that your situation with your uncle changes. I hope for the best for you. You have been a true inspriration for me. Thanks! Best
          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

all i can say to anyone and everyone good luck .. its there for the taking grab it and work hard for what you want in life ..thankx for being here for me stay strong and think positive
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
            X