The Wolf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wolf

Here is a little story that I cannot take credit for, but was talking to another MWO'er on the phone today and she brought it up. If anyone else knows this fable, please forgive me if I have missed a few details.

A little boy was talking to his grandpa, and he said "There is a good wolf on one of my shoulders, and a bad wolf on the other one. Which one will win?"

Grandpa said, "The one you feed."

Let us all remember to feed the good wolf.

The Wolf

tonight my 'good wolf' got a nice tray of roasted brussel sprouts, squash and garlic.

my 'good wolf' is going to open up a can of whoopass on my bad wolf!!!

thank you CS, good reminder in a short lesson.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

The Wolf

bump. This really resonated with me.

Comment

The Wolf

make alot of sence ..thankx cs .. a good reminder .. and that why i feed mine only nothing but the best ...STEAK, NEW TOOLS , AND I TELL HER TIME TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY..
        LATER STAY STRONG AND THINK POSITIVE
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

The Wolf

Yeah. good one. The only sad thing is, sometimes you feed the good wolf and the bad wolf just takes over (when you least expect it.!)
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

The Wolf

Simple, but says everything. Thanks.
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

The Wolf

I like that, too. Short and to the point!
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

The Wolf

Great CS! Thank you!
                You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Working...
                X