Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure I can handle this

God!
    Or GAWD! LOL... that's my company's name... Gina's Affordable Web Design.

Shit. I thought I was doing quite well.. with a few (more than usual) AF days... but my better half and me deciding to quit smoking TODAY, 2 HUGE long letters from his ex in the past 10 days, I'm not sure I can DO THIS!

Dammit.
    I WANT to do everything at once, you know? No drink, no smoke, exercise (God knows I need it now), help HIM, feel confident myself.. etc...

Dammit.
    I don't think I'm doing it.
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Hi Hun! Want to chat?
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

sunshine,

It sounds like you're trying to do an awful lot at once. Hmmm a web designer. I just designed my site. I bet you're a pretty smart person. Can do it all? Try not to put too much pressure on yourself, ok? I love your company's name, too cute! Hang in there. I can chat, too, if you'd like.
      Be
      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Thank you so much guys/girls...

Yeah, I probably need some POSITIVE re-inforcement!

Comment

sunny it is tough to do it all at once i am quitting both nic and al at the same time aghhh! but i am on the patch and have gone 6 mos. af before so i thought i would give up both a whirl. it is tough though but the best thing to do is try to stay busy and maybe the gym will help with that dowtime where we all have the worst cravings. just my two cents for what its worth by the way on day 3 and have not hit the gym yet to be honest it is the toughest to fit into my schedule good luck keep shinin sunny

Cheech66

Comment

Sunshine you are doing great under the circumstances. That is what we are like all or nothing principle! you are AL free that is all that matters right now you dont need to drink right now. Do some relaxation / meditation works a treat.

Comment

You can handle it. The thing is do you want to place so much pressure on yourself?

Quitting drinking and smoking works very well for many. I consider that 'all or nothing'. It is a lot of work and is exhausting to say the least.

You can be supportive of your BF, but maybe he needs to address these emails from his ex on his own. I am not sure of the story there. But it really is up to him to deal with it.

If you guys are quitting together; then all the better. Look at it as a positive!! Support, understanding - great!

Starting an exercise regime can start off slow. When things come together and you feel stronger with the AF and not smoking; then you can progress.

I guess what I am saying is that you don't need to conquer all of this in one day. You are setting yourself up for way too much stress and risk falling back into your old ways.

Comment

You have all of my support Sunshine but, maybe it is just to much for to quite both at the same exact time... can you wait on the cigs and stay AF for a while....sounds like there to many things going on at once...
                :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Hi Sunshine. Howzit going today? You keeping up the non smoking?!
                  AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

GG, I know how hard it is to do it all. al, exercise, smokes....I'd pick two and add another in a month. They are all worthy and I bet if you picked al and exercise, the smoking would happen easily. It can work, many have done it, so can you!!

Great start! nat

BTW, love your new signature, LMAO ....fat/lean
                    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Morning all and thank you for all your support!

Yeah, I blew it yesterday but I'm back at it today. And no smokes! LOL
                      I smoked whatever butts there were yesterday (there wasn't much) so, I'm probably close to 24 hours smoke free

I just need to remember baby steps.

Thank you all for being here :l

Comment

Sunshine, you remind me so much of me. I am just like that. Everything has to happen at once.

You are doing great just keep going with the flow.
                        __________________________________________________ _

Love yourself enough to walk away from what no longer serves you.

Comment

Sunshine, hang in there. Giving up al is the priority right now. It's the thing that screws up your head more than anything else.
                          You're doing great so far. Keep it up.

Comment

Hi Sunshine,
                            Yes, you can do this. Although, I smoke too - have for too many years, and I'm not ready to let go of that just yet. I've tried to "quit everything" because I get so freakin' disgusted with myself but then I end up too stressed about it. But people do it Sunshine, and you sound like such a strong person. Keep goin'! Then you can give me some tips on smoking when I'm ready!
                            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

ODAT Sunshine. You can do it. I'd say later with the stop smoking for at least now. Too much too handle. You'll drive uself batty. Best of luck. Mary Ann. 2 days off vodka anyway.
                              Starting over again
                              ray:

Comment

Working...
                              X