Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream interpretation

Creative Dreaming
    We spend up to 1/3 of our lives in a sleep state. This is a time we can use in a very constructive way to help us heal emotionally, physically and spiritually. We can resolve old conflicts and create the future we desire. During sleep we go through cycles of different brain wave activity. There are many different types of dreams that occur. For many of us dreams just seem to be random non-descript images going through our minds. These dreams act as clearing houses to get rid of emotional and mental clutter that we have no need to file in our file cabinets. But there is a vast potential for creative dreaming that we can easily access. We must first make a commitment to keeping a dream journal. As you do this, you will be amazed at how quickly you will begin to remember your dreams. For those of you who work with Gemstones I recommend a blue Kyanite blade to be placed in your pillow case at night to help you record your dream. The Kyanite is a bridge to the dream world. In the morning, first thing retrieve it and record in your dream journal. Before going to sleep write down things you want to know and ask for answers in your dreams. Much natural healing takes place during sleep. It?s a perfect time to ask for clarity about health issues. Many times old thought patterns need to be changed before physical healing can happen. You may ask for guidance to vitamins, herbs, dietary changes etc. that would be in your highest good. Emotional healing usually requires forgiveness of self and others. Visualize yourself as being whole and healthy. Change your focus from disharmony to health. Your body is constantly regenerating it?s self. Make sure it is manifesting what you want to have happen (not by default).
    Lucid dreaming is a technique you can learn to consciously participate in your dream. It?s like waking up in the dream to actively change what happens. This takes practice, and don?t get discouraged if you are not successful in the beginning. Just continue writing your desires in your journal at night and recording your dreams in the morning. This will circumvent the seemingly random state of your dreams and you will grow in your understanding and ability to receive important information. It?s important for you to understand the difference between lucid dreaming and OBE?s. When you fall asleep you go thru many stages of brain wave activity. OBE?s most often occur early in these stages somewhere between mid-alpha and mid-beta. OBE?s usually occur in a linear sequence of events in a current time/space sequence. Lucid dreams occur most often during R.E.M. (Delta brain wave times). REM sleep occurs about 90 minutes after falling asleep. You might experiment by being purposely awakened at this time to record your dreams. Lucid dreams are more non-liner and tend to move diffusely from image to image. Both OBE's and lucid dreaming are unique opportunities to benefit from expanded awareness. Both can be achieved with practice. Always remember the language of dreams is symbolic. Take the things one by one in the dream and ask what they mean to you. Pay close attention to all emotions you feel that are connected to the events in your dream. Remember emotion is your internal guidance system. The feelings are much more important than the events. As you practice with your dreams you may begin to experience more physic and prophetic dreams. These will feel different, and they are very different. They are much more literal and can clearly show you coming events. As you continue to practice you will be able to meet with loved ones who have passed and access high level spiritual guidance. I am struggling to put into words the importance of this kind of dream. I can assure you that you will know the difference when it occurs, and this for many is a giant step in their mediumship development.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Dream interpretation

Wow Evie
    Thank you so much. I used to keep a dream journal. It was recommended for me to do at a long-term rehab I was in; not sure why. I think that I shall start again. This will be a Fascinating thread. Thank you for kicking us off.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Dream interpretation

Please write your own psychic dictionary about Dreams...ask yourself WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO ME ???Leave the books alone. That is the author of the books interputation...yours will be different. Only you know what means what...to you.
      A red apple can mean a FRUIT but it may also mean a COMPUTER...Get it ???

I am posting another dream class that i teach...hopefully that will help give you more info.

Comment

Dream interpretation

I do try to take note of my dreams. I have always been a very light sleeper, so I am frequently woken up by my dreams.

I have noted that I dream much more vividly when I am in the bush. I have also noted that alcohol affects my dreams in a very negative way. They are chaotic. The sleep of sobriety is much sweeter.

Comment

Dream interpretation

Veritas...I have always had the most vivide and prophet dreams when I am in nature..
          i feel so connected to the divine. It is the most healing time of my life. I sleep out on our porch when i am really down. i have a huge oat tree that keeps me company out there. We often speak of what the world was like , here 250 years ago when he was a just a tig...he is ancient and covered with Spanish moss..Surly I count him as one of my BEST FRIENDS.

Comment

Dream interpretation

Thanks Evie... especially for pointing out that there are no books that accurately "reveal" the meanings of various types of dreams! The books that claim to do so are nonsense... like the books that, at one time, were thought to accurately reveal the meanings behind certain types of drawings... There is no "secret meaning" ... there is just your own meaning, which can only be "found" or interpreted by the person who produced the dream...

Some dreams are important to me, but not really in a symbolic way. "Drinking dreams" are powerful reminders, they help me remember the very real horror I would feel if I started drinking again. And occasionally I have a dream in which I am with my father.... I really treasure those dreams, it truly feels to me as if I have had one more chance to spend time with him. He committed suicide, 12 years ago. Some psychologists say that a dream experience has, in our own minds, and at at least at some level, very much the same impact on us, as living through the experience in "real" life...

Comment

Dream interpretation

I agree with you WIP...dreams can heal. Often they will rewrite history in a similar way that re-birthing does..
              While you can't change the past, it is possible to change your perception of it. Then it impacts you differently.

Comment

Dream interpretation

WIP, I agree about the prescriptive interpretation of dreams. It is simplistic and detracts from the very personal nature of dreams.

Evie.Lou, I try to go into the bush at least every 4 months.

Last May, I spent 2 weeks alone in the Kruger National Park, camping on my own, just thinking. I was also AF during that period and I regard it as an essential part of my own healing.

Most of my more important symbolic dreams are full of animals.

I also try to take catnaps during the day. I really can close my eyes and doze off deeply enough to go into REM sleep. It's only about 15 minutes,but it is so wonderfuly relaxing. Again, I find that my dreams during this period can be most helpful.

Comment

Dream interpretation

I would love to know WHY I keep dreaming of my first husband! It is driving me mental!! This will be a question for my shrink for sure because I am having them almost nightly. I have had them for so many years off and on.

They are great dreams! None being sexual. More like he is a hero or something in them. He comes out of no where and everything is happily ever after. This is so f'd up. There are other dreams where I actually stalk him. I end up in places that I know he will be. Last night was one where he had a girlfriend and actually dumped her for me. Like WTF?

I have a lot of unresolved emotional issues with this man. I haven't even seen him since late 2001. We never had any kids together as he was unable to.

I would like to know what I can do to turn this all into a getting over it thing instead of being 'stuck' emotionally. It really sucks. I honestly think it prevents me from having healthy relationships with other people.

Comment

Dream interpretation

AFM, you have given yourself an answer through your own interpretation.

Thing is, I do believe that our fears, anxieties, hopes longings, are always expressed in our dreams. Maybe you do need to go and talk this through so that you can move on.

Comment

Dream interpretation

Maybe writing him letters everyday, as though you were really speaking to him, would help.
                      Then use the power of deliberate creation to imagine what he would write back...
                      Make sense ???
                      On YOU TUBE you can listen to Abraham Hicks teaching...that may help.
                      i went thru years of torture, letting go of a 27 yr. marriage...i now how it feels.

Comment

Dream interpretation

Thanks Evie. I will try that. I need to shake him from my dreams.

Comment

Dream interpretation

BUMP !!!

Comment

Dream interpretation

Do you have room in your life for your brothers ??? Does your Dad feed your sense of self ???
                            Being a Mum with 3 small kids, at such demanding ages, is about all that one woman has energy for...in my eyes.
                            What is important to your Dad ??
                            Have you ever asked him that. Do you know him as a person...separate from being your father ?? Do you even WANT TO ??? It's OK if the answer is NO, I DON't...Parents and siblings are teachers in our lives...they teach us how to be or how not to be...but teachers...none the less. I don't think that as an Adult we need to continue relationships with any person unless the relationship is mutually supportive...relatives are included in the term PEOPLE...although...some of mine I might reclassify LOL
                            Look at the emotions you felt and figure out what is happening in your life that brings up that emotion...the dream may have something to do with that.
                            i will put a kyanite dream gem in the treasure box that goes out today. You put it in your pillow case at night and it helps you recall your dreams in greater detail.

Comment

Dream interpretation

Thanks Evie
                              I do not have time to post my last dream again (posted it on the Army thread), but from now on I will post them here. I am going to get one of those gems. Thank u again.
                              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Working...
                              X