Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest 12th Jan

A Weird Weekend

Hi All, newbies, oldbies, those of you doing well and those starting Monday morning not so well.

I went 17 days AF in December, then let myself "enjoy" Xmas, I am no happier. I was doing great at moding for the first 10 days of Jan, was even inside the weekely unit cosumption for a female! Wow. I didnt mess up my moding but a friend, one I am truly happy to have right now who is being so honest said, "do what you fear" "leave your comfort zone" otherwise all you are doing is continuing as before. Nothing changes. Im trying at the moment to find the bit inside of me that isnt miserable, and he advised that at least try to give up for a couple of months, give yourself that chance. If nothing changes then try and mod. Not exactly what I was hoping to hear saturday afternoon as I sat in a ball of kleenex, but left his place with a sense of knowing that he is right, and the sense of having one super friend who is not judging me but is also not afraid of being totally honest and giving good advice. I also left with an armful of self help books, am halfway through the first one, so far is it sooo goood. The Monk who sold his Ferarri - Robin S Sharma

Just thought I would share this on a fine Monday morning, trying to stay off the demons for a bit (who knows for how long...) and trying to find things to be positive about......F***, who said life was easy. Am motivated for today, anybody with me?
    Live your life in such a way that
    when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
    Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Newbies Nest 12th Jan

I am with you

Hi just letting you know I am with you I know the feeling your head tells you that you are drinking too much but your other mind asks yourself what will it be like not to drink?? will you have to face relationships, everyday situations without your confort drink (mine is wine) and will you every know diffidently "Am I an alcoholic?" your friend is right test your self then you will know. I am starting today again this time I am telling myself that I cant never drink again as I can come off it ok for several months at a time but the problem is when I start I end up drinking nearly every night starting off with a glass for a few nights then 1/2 to 1 bottle of wine a night which is just drinking to numb out my real feelings about things so here goes today is the first of never having another drink I will be 50 in april and dont want to be fifty and a wino but rather fit and fifty.

Comment

Newbies Nest 12th Jan

Hi Angel,

well, I will definitely try and be on this road with you, at least for now, I cant promise anything else for the long term, but I do have to sort my head out, and my very good friend Wine is not helping....

hope to see you plenty on here, esp during the tough days
      Satan shudders & says...

Comment

Newbies Nest 12th Jan

Thank you for keeping the nest afloat. I was here when the thread started, and it was and still is very important to me. I am 70 days AF today. Wish I could say I am feeling great, but I am not. I am on Chantix to get off the cigarettes, and it is causing me a great deal of nausea, but that is for another thread. Hang in there everyone and have a great day.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest 12th Jan

good for you neurgenic that is all we can do take it each day at a time or each hour as it sometimes Anyway have a good day and I will check in tonight to see how you got on bye for now

Comment

Newbies Nest 12th Jan

Hi Everyone.

Neuro, If you can go totally AF than do it. Honestly, I think it'll be the best thing you'll ever do. Whether you'll continue Modding sucesfully in the future is another question but it is great to give youself that break. (Even though it might not be the easiest thing).You might just decide after that break that you don't want to drinnk anymore and stay AF?!!
            AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Newbies Nest 12th Jan

Good morning Nestlings!

Thank you Neuro for getting the thread started today - and yep, I'm with ya as well, at least for now. Really not sure about long term yet.
              Sea... the Chantix is still giving you trouble? Are you on the increased dosage yet (2mg/day)?
              Hi Angel, good luck to you - I can SO relate to your post.
              Morning Johnnyh - How does the world look in SA today?

Well, my goal this week is AF Monday - Friday (made a pact) so - wish me luck. We are also starting the gym this week (tonight, as a matter of fact)... making it a family affair. I'm looking forward to it. Although, I'm sore already! LOL I went riding yesterday - HOLY! Amazing, you stop for a few months and those muscles are plain gone! Anywho... guess I should get going here.

Hope you all have a great Monday (as far as Mondays go) - keep strong!
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest 12th Jan

Good Morning Sunshine!!

Quite sore myself afet going out dancind on SAT. going to gym tonight so not looking forward to feeling even worse tomorrow

have a great day. I know this is you week and by Friday you will be smiling with teh week AF in your pocket !!!!

(SA is great today as always!!!!!!! SUn is shining. Went to hit some golf balls on my lunch break.. )
                AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Newbies Nest 12th Jan

hi Neuro just checking in to see how you got on today

Comment

Newbies Nest 12th Jan

Hi ANgel,

yeah, managed fine, read some more of my book, went home, didnt drink. I know that if I dont start, and stay away from the big distractions, Im fine, i guess that's the glaringly obvious message here for me, dont start. Just doing my best to keep my head up, have all kinds of family and relationship issues at the moment that are not al related, and finding some clarity is what I'm working towards. Funny how not seeing through a large glass of wine helps, thanks for checking in on me, hope all of you doing well,

Sun, Im with you Monday to Friday..., thank god its tuesday already.

I went to yoga this morning, so will hurt tomorrow...
                    Satan shudders & says...

Comment

Newbies Nest 12th Jan

Hi Neuro just getting back to the site tonight great to hear that you did ok and you are right you will see clearly what you have to do and where your problems stem from. being sober makes you look at your life in a more objective way without numbing the pain with ach. I wish you luck I should imagine every one here has issues with family etc that is perhaps why we got drunk in the first place to hide away from having to do something about our problems

Comment

Working...
                      X