X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winey

Oh Boy!
    I truely have no idea how to to this.
    I have been reading all the stories for the last few weeks and have been wondering how everyone really made it through the first few weeks. Mine have been disrupted by weddings and job issues... you name it I'll think of an excuse! Advise would be lovely.

Winey

Welcome Isabella

Hey Isabella,

Have you downloaded or ordered the book and read it? Have you gotten the supplements, cd's and other things that you will need to do the program? Reading and posting is a great way of learning about MWO and a great way of getting and giving support, but there is much more to the program than that.

If you have read the book, RJ suggests that you take the time to get everything together (and it may take a little time to do so). It will also take some time to get familiar with the program. She also suggests that you try to start the program, IF POSSIBLE, when things are somewhat less hectic in your life. (Of course, that isn't always possible.) The better you prepare yourself, the better your chances at succeeding with your goals.

No don't take this to mean that I don't think you should be trying to cut back on drinking or saying "hey don't worry--drink as much as you like!" This can still be an important time to evaluate your drinking and what your goals are as you get things together to begin. Then set a time when you can realistically begin the program and go for it with all you have!

Good luck and Welcome to MWO!

Kathy
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Winey

Winey

Hi Isabella,

If you haven't downloaded the book, I suggest that first. I found it really important to get "organized" regarding the supps, topa (if you will be taking it), CD's and what exercise you will be doing. It does take some time, but if you have all of your tools available, you will have a greater probability of succeeding. I found it helpful to be very gentle with myself the first week or so. Cleared the calendar, no pressing deadlines, etc. And if you don't do it all perfect, no sweat. It's not a race per se, but a life long journey to improved health and spirit. I wish you all the best.

Hugs,

Deanie

Comment

Winey

I'm trying to figure it out, too

Hi Isabella,
        I'm new to this too. Bought all the stuff about 3 weeks ago and then life just kept happening too fast. Think maybe it has to do with the summer.

I have read the book, and it gets me all pumped up everytime I refer back to it. Started the sups (off & on), but my Dr absolutely won't write a script for the Topa (instead she gave me an antidepressant, that I think makes it worse). Guess I will try a diff Dr. next time. I have tried the hypno, and I get really relaxed. I just have to make myself find time to do them all as suggested. I was joking with my husband that with all of the supps, cds, exersize and the website, I'll never have time to drink. AND That is a GOOOOOOD thing.

Good luck & keep us posted.

Comment

Winey

Long Over due

Hey , thanks so much for responding back in July. Believe it or not its taken me this long to not only get my act semi back together to look at this web sight but to figure out th damn thing! Just out of curiousity how long did it take you get the topo...if in fact you are on it, and to stop drinking because I keep sliding back into the same old patterns..???

Comment

Working...
          X