Questions. Red nose due to drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone. Ironically, I have been doing pretty well with moderating my alcohol consumption, BUT I am beginning to notice my red nose is getting worse. I just recently found out about the relation of a red nose and drinking too much. Does this go away with abstinance does anyone know? Also, now that I know my red nose is due to drinking, does this mean other areas of my body are damaged? Would really like some answers on this, thanks guys.
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

They do say a lot of drinkers noses turn red .......look at Rudolf, he got belegerant too ! Ha!
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Have you considered that you may have rosacea? If you don't know much about it, google 'rosacea symptoms' and if you think you might, see a dermatologist. I went to a dermatologist years ago because I had zit like things on my face that never went away and was told I have rosacea. Alcohol and other dietary factors can make it flare up, but alcohol isn't the cause of it.
      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Hi Over

From experience with certain relatives - Yes, definitely.

Also, when I used to drink hard liquor (mixed of course), when I used my Ventolin inhaler (for Asthma) my cheeks would get very red.

Lord, your thread just took me back and made me reflect on how much I actually did used to drink. In fact I recall trying to hide my rosy cheeks with makeup.

I never let that thought resinate in my mind until now. Thank you !

You may want to consult your physician.

Take Care . . . and keep coming back to MWO

Comment

The broken blood vessels in and around the nose... for long-term heavy drinkers... those generally don't go away. They might fade a bit with time. They do keep getting worse, if you keep drinking (plus, the tissue in your nose can get thicker, fleshier, and start looking pitted). It stops getting worse, if you stop drinking.

Comment

I think some laser work can be done done now to reduce the redness. Clinique just came out with a loose mineral powder that neutralizes redness. At an earlier time, I would have needed it for my cheeks but now I happily bought blush. Also, stay hydrated.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi Over. I had to look twice for a minute. I thought I'd posted something that I didn't. (Same avatar.)

I've had a red nose for years due to heavy drinking. I also have rosacea so needless to say, my face can look RED. My red nose is not due to rosacea tho. Since I have stopped drinking I have noticed the redness reducing. The redness will probably never go away entirely unless I have some laser work, but it is much less red than a month ago.

The only way to know if other areas, such as your liver are damaged, is to get some tests done by your doctor. Your liver generally regenerates itself when you stop hurting it, unless it is too far gone.
              Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
              AF May 23 09 to July 09
              AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

W.C. Fields is a good case for that ! IAD
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

i no when i drank heavy i looked like a close relative to Rudolph the red nose reindeer,i beleive wips interpretation is rite on the spot gyco

Comment

Alcohol-induced Red Nose -- eCureMe.com
                    Starting over again
                    ray:

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. Some days my nose is not red at all, and other days, it is. Yes, incentive to get the alcohol demon off of my back, nobody looks sexy with an ugly red nose!

Comment

I also have rosacea (which I was explained as adult acne). My doctor prescriber "Metrogel" and it seems to be working. I used to drink wine (I stopped in August 08) and it was awful when I did. I then switeched to moderating w/ just a few beers on my bowling night and one w/ dinner. I decided to try abstinence for 30 days (day eight) and it seems to have almost completely disappeared w/ the medicine and no al. So I would say it could be a combination. I know AL does not help it.....
                        AF since 2/4/10
                        Nicotine free since 3/31/10
                        FINALLY FREE

Comment

Starting over again
                          ray:

Comment

Oh, that fleshy, pitted, red nose....so not pretty.
                            Don't know if I should say this but vanity is a real inspiration for me...I ain't getting any younger and drinking & smoking is so damaging/ageing to the body in general & skin especially.

Comment

I think Vanity is a GREAT reason to stop/moderate drinking. Whatever works! Drinking makes me fat, ugly, and lazy! Im actually very pretty when I have my shit under control!:H

Comment

Working...
                              X