Rock bottom....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock bottom....

On Sunday night I went out and had a few glasses of wine, followed by a few more. Then went out with a friend to another pub, then another bar and then another. Eventually once I had dropped her off (under the influence), I then carried on driving and went looking for a man I had met just a week ago. Eventually I got so tired, stopped the car (do not even remember where) and passed out. The cops woke me up and drove me home. I am most grateful to them and the fact they were cops and not someone else.... I also lost my brand new cell phone !!!! I got home all emotional and woke up late for work. I did phone through and tell the truth which felt good.
    I am now taking the steps to seek help and couselling and found this site which will hopefully help me to become sober and not touch another drop of alcohol !
    It will be good to have your support and comfort...Many thanks
    :new:

Rock bottom....

Eagle - you are SO lucky the cops didn't arrest you!! (I think they can even if you're not driving... "public intoxication"?)

Also lucky that you didn't hurt yourself or others. And that your work place is understanding!

I assume you called your cell phone. If found by a nice person (they're out there!), you might get it back. Fingers crossed.

:welcome:
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Rock bottom....

Yes I am very lucky and Blessed ! That is why I now seek help because of what could have happened. I put my Life and someone elses Life in danger and that is in no way fair. I love Life and my friends - I have a lot to live for in this moment....Thank you for your support.

Comment

Rock bottom....

Wow Eagle are you in the US? I passed out in my car b/c I had too much wine in a restaurant and didn't drive either but got arrested! No jail but DUI uck! stay here we will all support you. We all understand. Any questions just ask! WELCOME!!!!! glad you found us!
        One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Comment

Rock bottom....

Thanks twinsmommy - I am actually in SA where cops seem to be more lenient but boy do I not want to do that again - EVER ! There have been other incidences too like falling off a chair and hitting my head leaving me out cold !!!! So these signs are iminent that I need to do something. I will be seeing someone on Friday who will assist me and hopefully direct me back on my true path of healing, clarity, love for myself and courage... Thank you for your support and I am certainly going to stay with you all. This site has given me sooo much already and I have only been on it for a day. It feels good to speak the entire truth.

Comment

Rock bottom....

Welcome Eagle! Wow....what a scary situation to go through. Sounds like it is your "AHA" moment. Good for you for reaching out here, to your employer and counseling. You will beat this monster and we will help every step of the way. Keep reading, posting and asking questions. I hope to get to know you better.

Comment

Rock bottom....

Wecome . . .

:welcome: Eagle Spirit

Love the name Eagle Spirit, to me it represents Hope.

I believe you found this forum for a reason . . . as did we all.

It is refreshing to come here and see so many Honest and Open Souls, All Coming Together As One ~ United for the Greater Good.

Comment

Rock bottom....

Welcome Eagle - this is a great place with loads of support!! :welcome:

I'm also in SA & damn you were lucky!! - I really would not like to kip in a car here ( even if it was outside my own house! lol.) Stay determined and strong - come here to talk often. It's not just about stopping drinking sometimes, it's about what it's covering up. It can be a slow process so be gentle with yourself...............but none of that 'poor me' BS, it won't help you in the long run. Glad your getting yourself a counsellor - more tools in your belt the better!

Stay close.

Take care
                xxx
                The mind is in its own place, and in itself
                Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

Comment

Rock bottom....

Welcome Eagle Spirit from a fellow SAfrican!
                  Good on you for taking this wake up call by the short and curly's and doing something about it.
                  I always suggest to newbies to begin by reading the book My Way Out. It is short, easy to read and explains the program in detail.
                  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions;-)
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Rock bottom....

Hi Eagle Spirit

:welcome: Eagle Spirit. I agree with CHOPPER - that was YOUR moment, your wake up call, so welcome again. You'll get a lot of support from the MWO forums, read and post often and you'll soon get the hang of it. And, above all else, be forever grateful that somebody, somewhere was looking out for you on sunday night !:wings:

Comment

Rock bottom....

Wow! Scary yes, but we've all done something similar in life

I can remember times when I drove lit off my a--! Got lucky everytime. Twice flatten tires running over curbs and once ran into the back of a moving car! Funny how we tend to forget those conveniently after they are over. Its been years! Now I drink too much at home. Had a black out just Sunday night woke up in my daugther's bed with no idea why or how I got there. Good for you for taking the bull by the horns get as much help as you can find, you may not be as lucky next time. I was fortunate myself.

Comment

Rock bottom....

Eagle welcome, try not to get too bogged down with guilt over what might have happened, the fact remains that no one did get hurt, take a lesson from this experiance and know that you will not feel like this again if you remain AF, hopefully this will make you feel more positive and focus on making a bettar future for your self!!
                        Good friends are like stars you may not always see them but you know they are there

Comment

Rock bottom....

Welcome Eagle!

You really are a lucky individual. Take this opportunity to show the world how grateful you are by doing what it takes to ensure a hapy, healthy future for yourself.
                          You may not be so lucky the next time...............

Wishing you all the very best
                          Lavande
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Rock bottom....

To all you beautiful people and soon to become friends - I hope. Thank you for your comforting and heartfelt words. It is now day 3 of soberness - funnily enough I actually felt like a glass of wine last night but I did refrain - thank heavens !
                            Photogirl - YES I do believe that God's Angels were looking out for me on Sunday, in fact they have done so sooo often -I give my thanks to Him everyday.
                            After Sundays episode I decided that I am going to get confirmed...another "AHA" moment I had when I went walking on the beach and had a swim in the sea... I am an Anglican, Aromatherapist by trade and have been working in the Hospitality industry for close on 10 years. I believe in holistic living, peace and calm - have always lived in areas of solitude and hate conflict (even with myself ). I have to learn to put boudaries back into my life and learn how to take care of me, although I prefer taking care of others, so much more easier !
                            Have a super day all of you and thank you !

Comment

Rock bottom....

Thank you

To all you beautiful people and soon to become friends - I hope. Thank you for your comforting and heartfelt words. It is now day 3 of soberness - funnily enough I actually felt like a glass of wine last night but I did refrain - thank heavens !
                              Photogirl - YES I do believe that God's Angels were looking out for me on Sunday, in fact they have done so sooo often -I give my thanks to Him everyday.
                              After Sundays episode I decided that I am going to get confirmed...another "AHA" moment I had when I went walking on the beach and had a swim in the sea... I am an Anglican, Aromatherapist by trade and have been working in the Hospitality industry for close on 10 years. I believe in holistic living, peace and calm - have always lived in areas of solitude and hate conflict (even with myself ). I have to learn to put boudaries back into my life and learn how to take care of me, although I prefer taking care of others, so much more easier !
                              Have a super day all of you and thank you !
                              :l

Comment

Working...
                              X