Really i am posting here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K first time posting here guys. Today will be day one of a new start. For the past 4 years i ignored everything that was important to drink and party. Now that i have hit rock bottom it is time to start the climb back up. No more 100 dollar bar tabs for myself 5 nights a week. Alcohol i hate you and love you but i know it is time to just let go. Wish me luck guys i am 21 years old and have tried to quit drinkin countless times since i was 16. This is the only time i have ever tried talking to someone about it.

Wish me luck!!

Welcome Woody
    Stick close and keep posting, i find this site invaluable. The friendship, identification etc... have helped keep me sober. Good Luck !!!!!

Comment

Hi Woody!
      You have recognised your problem at a very young age and that is wonderful.
      Get yourself a plan together, we can help you with that.
      Stay close to the site for support. You can do this!!!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

welcome woody you have steped in to a great place that can help you with your alcohol problem

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Welcome and the best of luck you're in the right place here.

Comment

Welcome woody, I am only new here and have found temendous support.Just keep in touch johno:welcome::welcome:
            Boozer

Comment

Hey Woody,
              I'm only on DAY 7 of being alchohol free but it feels great to have a week behind me.
              Well done for recognising something important.
              best
              starta

Comment

Hi Woody,

Welcome, glad you found us!
                We're a great group here, stay close - we'll help as much as possible.
                Please download and read the MWO book then make your plan to quit. It really helps to get yourself organized and in the right frame of mind to do this

All the best,
                Lavande
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hi woody,welcom,well youve picked quite the bunch to associate with,AL has no boundries ,young or old,i wish you well gyco

Comment

Welcome Woody and good for you for recognising your problem at such a young age. You can spare yourself decades of misery. I wish you well as you begin your journey.
                    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I am a newcomer and have ordered the Sinclair method book. I am going to try to get a prescription for Nal from my family doctor next week. This thread has many encouraging posts. I can see myself spending a lot of time here as I try to bring this AL thing under control!

Comment

Wolfboh;618421 wrote: I am a newcomer and have ordered the Sinclair method book. I am going to try to get a prescription for Nal from my family doctor next week. This thread has many encouraging posts. I can see myself spending a lot of time here as I try to bring this AL thing under control!
                        :new:

Comment

Hi Wolf

Welcome to you too :welcome:

Glad you found us, we are a huge supportive community here.
                          Please check in often, I do, it helps keep you on track. I am 8 weeks AF now and loving it. I love being able to sleep again and don't miss the perpetual hangover!!

Best wishes to you from a former wino in PA!
                          Lavande
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

WELCOME young man (men plural. ? - you have indeed picked the right spot. We're all alchies here matey & I whole heartedly agree with Seacailin....
                            Stick with it and close to MWO(us) and save years of undoubted misery and grief. I'm 54 and have been an alcoholic for more than 40 of them. Recovering nicely, realizing that if I fall off again, I'll be one dead S.O.B.
                            Be good and if you can't be good; be careful.

Bashley

Comment

Welcome Wolf, I have used Nal and can give you a good source to buy it on line from Canada if you can't find a Doctor to give you an RX. Just PM me and I'll help all I can...I also really found Baclofen to be a good anti craving med and the book "End of my Addiction" tells all about it and is well worth a read.

Hey you have already found yourself a mate in our dear friend Bashley......he's been hiding away seems like a long time..............but he's back with us now I see !!!!!!!!!!! LOL
                              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X