Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you feeling invisible? Change your settings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all Newbies (and Oldbies):

It has come to the attention of a number of us that there are often way more users on the board than are listed (for instance, as I type this 15 members are on the board and only 5 names are listed). That means that most of us are INVISIBLE. How sad.

Many have been wondering why chat is so slow, or often seems dead. Well, when I come on, I look for names and then, if I see someone I know, I may pop in chat. If you are invisible, your friends can't see you. They won't go into chat and wait for you. You are not "visible" until you go into the chat room, at which point your name WILL show up.

If you see an asterisk by your name when on the front forum page, you are invisible to all your friends.

To FIX this problem, do this:

1. Go to the User CP (Control Panel)

2. Go to Edit Options - Unclick on "use invisible mode"
    The use invisible mode box should be empty

Thanks all - hope this might help someone - and would be so nice for us curious types

:h

Pansy

Thanks Pansy, appreciate that helpful tip.

RJ
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Okay - Bumpity Bumpity

Thanks to those who have made themselves 'visible' - now your friends can see when you are online.

If you are still seeing an asterisk by your name under currently active users, your friends cannot see you!

Everyone has the choice, but it is nice to know who is online - in case someone wants to private message you or take a break with chat.

Thanks,
      Pansy

Comment

Working...
      X