Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found Huge Wolf spider...

not a happy camper!!

Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...

What did you do with it? Kill it? Capture it and throw it outside?

I would have fainted........

Comment

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! I would have got my 22 out and shot the think to bit! I usually don't mind bugs, always had to kill them for my ex, but SH*T that's a monster!:eeks:

Comment

LOL Hart!!! Ditto. I killed a brown recluse the other day who had the nerve to come up through the drain in the bathroom. His punishment was he became buried in Scrubbing Bubbles.
        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

That iz one UGLY, looking nasty spider!!!!

Since we are neighbors, you can be your butt, I will be looking out for those nasty critters too!!!!
          I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

CRIKEY.....HECK.....DARN and DAMN.......

Hopefully you didn't kill the furry little creature Savon....poor thing, just looking for a warm place to sleep and a light snack.....
            'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

Yuck! Acccccckkkkkkk! OMG! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

*runs crazy-like out of thread!*
              AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Yuk, Savon! I'd find it hard to eat my "curds and whey" with THAT around! I hope it doesn't have a mate.
                "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Grims post made me laugh!!! Its good to laugh today!!!

Now that I look deep into its 8 eyes, Grim is right... It is kinda cute (LOL!!!)

Maybe you can keep him as a pet Savy?
                  I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

OverIt2007;656523 wrote: Maybe you can keep him as a pet Savy?
                    I'm with OverIt on this one, there have been very few cases of necrotic bites from the Wolf spider and these have been mainly attributed to South American sub-species.....thank you Wikipedia

Now the Recluse on the other hand......would be bad in a lot of ways....
                    'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

Oh my gosh.....Am so glad here in england dont get nasty surprises like that!!
                      The biggest spiders we get are like a house spider hehehe
                      I think ill be having nightmares tonight
                      ~I hope I didn't brain my damage~:crazymonkey:

Comment

We don't get very big ones here in NS either. But when I visited my brother last year in British Columbia, I got a surprise one evening in my room. I saw what I thought was a small black "ball" in the corner of my bedding. I moved the blanket a bit, and the "ball" literally RAN to the other side of the room. I've never seen a spider that huge before .. and I've never seen one "run". You could almost hear his little fit clicking across the floor! (OK, that was an exaggeration, but jeez it was creepy!) .... I hated to kill him (I'm the type who saves everything, including worms slithering on my driveway after a rain) ... but I just couldn't capture him - he was too large.

After much screaming and jumping around (both me and the spider), I managed to spray him to his death (I still feel badly about it - poor guy) and scooped him up. Bleh.

....... If creepy things were cute, that wouldn't happen ..... like if they were like little mini kitty cats ... or koala bears ...
                        AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Kinda pretty. Looks like a little pink fur on it. According to Wiki:

"Symptoms of their venomous bite include swelling, mild pain and itching. Though usually considered harmless to humans, the bite of some species may be painful."

Wolf spider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Think of it as two kittens with one body; eight legs and 8 eyes. Does that work?

Comment

Years ago (30+) when I lived in Florida, we kept our wolf spider in the house.

He/She never bothered us but ate lots of bugs. We figured he/she was our friend.

It used to freak out the visitors, though.

Now, I have been bitten by a Brown Recluse. That is not a nice bite at all. Many steroids and antibiotics later, it finally healed. Ugly bite. Suckers are so small and innocuous looking, too....

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hahaha that is sooooo true about if the nasty creepys were tiny mini kittens with 8 cute legs or mini animals then noooo i wouldnt be so bad lol
                              I also hate wasps and bee's why cant they be tiny mini birds that DONT sting lol
                              Oh and oh my god about the spider story.. I dont think i would have slept that night
                              ~I hope I didn't brain my damage~:crazymonkey:

Comment

Working...
                              X