Home Detox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Detox?

Hi everyone, I have been really struggling lately and really back to my old ways from years ago and have decided enough is enough!!!!!

I have an appointment with my GP tuesday morning and he has offered to start me on a home-detox programme ......

Has anyone had any experience of this??? I just don't know what to expect!!!

BTW to those of you that are friends on facebook please don't mention it on there .......... I will mention D DAY but not the details :thanks:

BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Home Detox?

Hey Betty
    I will be interested to read how your home detox went. Very interesting..have never heard of home detox but it's good to know that your GP is involved and I assume will be overseeing your progress. Let us know your experience.
    Take care Betty!:l
    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Home Detox?

Hi Betty, home detox means a psychiatric nurse coming to your house every day to give you chlordiazepoxide (librium) whivh will prevent withdrawal symptoms. Your blood pressure and general health will be monitored.

Comment

Home Detox?

Thanks new, and Paula ........ sounds a little scary!!! xxx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Home Detox?

Nothing to worry about, they just keep an eye on you, to make sure your well. It only takes a few days.
          It stops you getting the shakes and withdrawals associated with stopping heavy drinkin. Is your goal abstinence ? mine is and my dr. prescribed naltrexone. Best of luck. x

Comment

Home Detox?

paula;673453 wrote: Nothing to worry about, they just keep an eye on you, to make sure your well. It only takes a few days.
            It stops you getting the shakes and withdrawals associated with stopping heavy drinkin. Is your goal abstinence ? mine is and my dr. prescribed naltrexone. Best of luck. x
            Yes DEFINITELY abstinence .......... I've tried mods for years and just keep sliding back down again ......... so this time is the one ......xxx

Good Luck to you too Paula xxx
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Home Detox?

Hey Betty
              Long time no see. Good luck with this, I'm sure it will be the one, you deserve it!
              Pips
              Pipsqueak

Comment

Home Detox?

BB good luck to you! I always thought modding would be tremendous work. You'll lbe so happy to be free of this.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Home Detox?

Looking forward to your progress posts as you go through it. Sounds great!
                  AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Home Detox?

Best wishes BB :h
                    Have you made a list of what you want to discuss with you doc? I did that last year and it helped. I also made a list of supps to discuss with him. I hope this helps you.
                    :l
                    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Home Detox?

Thanks everyone for your lovely support, I hadn't thought about a list!!!!! Will do one now ............ nice to see some old friends are still here ........xxx
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

Home Detox?

Nice to see you too, BB!
                        Love the dress...LOL!!
                        :l
                        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Home Detox?

Dear Betty,

Good Luck! I wish you success with your sobriety!

Love, Best
                          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Home Detox?

Don't worry Betty....just a "Seven year itch".............Ha! IAD
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Home Detox?

BB,

Best of luck to you. And as far as facebook... I think all MWOuters understand the rule of no mention there! I certainly do. I hope you will share your progress here though. If I dont respond, it is because I am leaving for 9 days and will most likely not have internet access where I am going. Take good care of yourself!
                              If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Working...
                              X