canada and getting tompomax, can't get my doctor to prescribe, help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help, my doctor is affiliated with camh in canada and will not give me topomax. does anyone know how else I can get it?

Canada Meds

I saw another posting here about a site called riverpharmacy.com. I visted and it looked like everything would go through but stopped because I wanted to confirm that the quality would be the same. If you find anything else out let me know please.
    Every man has the right to tend to his garden.

Comment

tOPA

Hi guys
      I am in Canada too. It took me a while to get a prescription for topa. I eventually had to say I needed it for migraines. I actually have had migraines before. When the doctor said to me "well, topamax is something we would usually give to you AFTER we have tried some other kinds of migraine medications" THAT is when I blurted out "well, the reason I want to try topamax is because there have been studies showing that it can help with cutting down with drinking" - then I had to get into my drinking issues. I also brought along a bunch of research which I left with her. She then prescribed. I hate to say I know its hard to get a script here. I would perhaps try the migraine route and see where that takes you if necessary.....I know of one person from Canada who was ordering off shores and got the topa for a while but hasn't gotten her latest order - likely it was seized by customs. You CAN order it from this one company (I believe it's in India)- i can get the name if you want - but you risk not ever receiving it...
      Hope that helps, wish I had better news - I know its frustrating 'cause I had a lot of trouble too at first. My best advice it to try to find a really understanding doctor and DONT GIVE UP!
      Hugs
      Jen:l
      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

dear folks
        i ordered my latest batch from a company in canada called LIFHAUS.com
        out of canada.
        i ordered 100 pills a t 100mgs.
        you fill out the form on the internet. give them your name some doctor's name, some doctor's number
        and your real phone number. within the hour they will call you back and ask you a couple of questions :
        have you been taking topamax? for how long? how many mgs? for migraines? etc. etc. just answer the questions. then they will say PLEASE FAX ME YOUR PRESCRIPTION. you simply say OK. but you really don't have one. within 1 week you will get your package. simple as that . good luck

Comment

i think it is LIFHAUS.CA

Comment

my friend ordered the topa from megellanrx from the uk and the border patrol got hers

Comment

wait a minute

So gateway
              You ordered from lifehaus which is IN CANADA - you never faxed a script and you STILL got the topa?? How many times did you successfully do it?? how much did it cost?>?? WOW!!!

Comment

topa

I ordered from riverpharmcy.com yesterday seemed so easy,I guess this means I won't get it.I'm in the us,does anyone know do they try to charge you for it if they don't deliver.This is so awful,I feel like a drug addict when this is really a good thing.They shouldn't make it so hard or shameful when it's something that has changed and improved my life.

Comment

No no

No no Mary dont be discouraged
                  Its Canada that its really hard to get it in - you say you are in the US? You may get it after all. Dont dispair ok?
                  Yes its really sad they make it so bloody hard!
                  Hugs
                  jen

Comment

Thanks Jen,I appreciate the encouragement,I'll wait and see,may have to go to a dr and ask for script don't really won't to do that,I've been on it for two months and it's been working great but it was left over from my daughter had it prescribed to her for another reason and I never through it out.I tried it and it works great for me only on 75 mg.I will eventually run out and really don't want to go off it.I feel it has changed my life I am moderating not abstaining but some nights not drinking and only having one or two drinks a big change for me.Great program,thanks everyone...Mare

Comment

Good for you

I have come to the opinion that if I cannot get it through an on line source I am goind to my doctor to get it. Why does this have to be such a bluddy issue. I have found my woman OB to be the best source for anything I need. I am not going to be ashamed and I am not going to pussy foot around th issue. It is so obvious from the number of people on this site that this could be a viable solution to an unhealthy style of living. The give insulin to diabetics for gods sake, what about us.
                      Every man has the right to tend to his garden.

Comment

Working...
                      X