want to stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

want to stop

This is my first entry into the community. I am 59 years old and have drunk alcohol since I was 18. I average 12-15 drinks a week usually taking 2 to 3 nights a week off. I am tired of waking up sluggish, moody and low on energy. I gave up drinking a couple of years ago for about a month and loved my new life. I started again slowly and am back to where I was. I do not believe in AA method so am looking for help from others that have gone through this. Where do I start and how do I succeed? I am a motivated and disciplined person but this is a serious challenge.

want to stop

welcome mg72 this is a fine community,with great advice and support,read as many threads and posts as you can and you will find one where you fit in,There are mainly to groups here moderaters and abstainers. wish you luck on your new journey.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

want to stop

Welcome mg72,

Glad you found us, this is a good place!
      You're right, this is a serious challenge but doable. You've had success in the past so you know you need to commit yourself!
      Read the MWO book, you can download it from the Health store right here on the site. Take a look in the Toolbox (located in the Monthly Abstinence section). It's full of good ideas to help you make your plan.
      Please feel free to join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread as well. Lots of folks there just starting their journey as wel.

Wishing you the best!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

want to stop

:hello2::colorwelcome:

Hi mg72,

Good safe place you've found here. It's been a godsend for me.

Keep reading then read some more. Ask questions no matter how dumb you think they are. You should see some of mine.

SHOUT if you're struggling. there's masses of support 24/7.

Stay close. Please let us know how you're doing.

Wishing you all the luck in the world.

Love Jackie xxx

AF (alcohol free) since 7/7/2009 and loving it
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

want to stop

Welcome. Sheri posted this resource for all to help us make a plan:
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ess-37244.html

very best wishes and a warm welcome.
          Woman takes a drink, drink takes a drink, drink takes a woman.

Comment

want to stop

Same Here...

mg72;731474 wrote: This is my first entry into the community. I am 59 years old and have drunk alcohol since I was 18. I average 12-15 drinks a week usually taking 2 to 3 nights a week off. I am tired of waking up sluggish, moody and low on energy. I gave up drinking a couple of years ago for about a month and loved my new life. I started again slowly and am back to where I was. I do not believe in AA method so am looking for help from others that have gone through this. Where do I start and how do I succeed? I am a motivated and disciplined person but this is a serious challenge.
            I am 50 years old and try to take 3 - 4 days off each week. But, I over compensate on the weekend. I am tired of feeling sluggish takes way to long to recover - dont bounce back like I used to. Gotta give it up all the way. No more alcohol, please. Tired of the stuff. I will do this.

I am an alcoholic. I said it. And I hate it.
            I don't want to drink anymore....So, quit.

Comment

Working...
            X