first time in newbies nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started MWO two weeks ago. I have been drinking for 40 years averaging 13-15 drinks a week taking two or three nights a week off. I am now posting my daily drinks and viewing threads daily. My first week on MWO I had nine drinks and last week three. I had six drinks so far this week. With the advice of Sunbeam I am staring 30 days AL free today. I want to see my life without it.

Good health and happiness to all.

Welcome mg72. This is a great place to be. Keep reading and posting and let us know how you are doing. The very best to you!
    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

I am with you on the 30 Day AF starting today.

Com1
      Com1

Comment

Hi mg72,

Welcome, glad yo're here!
        Please feel free to join us on the 'Newbies Nest' & Monthly Abstinence threads. You'll find all the support you need to reach your goal
        Join us as well Com 1!

Wishing you the best!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting and I guess day #2 AF, although I don't necessarily drink every day. But sometimes when I do, it is like someone flips a switch in my brain and the control is just gone. It doesn't happen every time, so it has taken a while for me to come to this point of making the decision to try to go AF. I ordered my starter kit today and saw my doc today for the Topomax. Long story short, I'm 39, married with a beautiful 6 year old daughter. I wouldn't rate my marriage the best but not the worst, either. Monday night I went out with work people for a retirement party downtown. Everyone else left and went home because, after all, it is Monday night. I made new friends at the bar and from there on out things are spotty. Not sure how I got from that bar to a little-known after-hours gay bar downtown, but I am just thankful that my newly found friends did not rip me off, rob me or worse. I did end up getting $100 out of the ATM which I don't remember at all. If not for a drink receipt in my wallet I would have no idea what bar I had been to. It is ridiculous and horrible. But I can go days without drinking otherwise. I feel like it would be more "normal" to be a home drinker and just keep my ass safe in my house. Can anyone else relate to my story? Glad to be here by the way. I'm scared shitless right now.

Comment

holy crap..I can TOTALLY relate...I cant even tell you how many times I have done both of those things, because once I get started, I can't stop! It's just all about the party after that! And, ATM's and cell phones should come with breathalyzers....it's only day 2 AF for me and I'm going to be getting all my pills in order tomorrow so I can get back on track too. Looks like we are on about the same timeline. Feel free to email me anytime..not that I have much for advice to give, but I'm a good listener!

Comment

gettinghealthy5570;741213 wrote: Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting and I guess day #2 AF, although I don't necessarily drink every day. But sometimes when I do, it is like someone flips a switch in my brain and the control is just gone. It doesn't happen every time, so it has taken a while for me to come to this point of making the decision to try to go AF. I ordered my starter kit today and saw my doc today for the Topomax. Long story short, I'm 39, married with a beautiful 6 year old daughter. I wouldn't rate my marriage the best but not the worst, either. Monday night I went out with work people for a retirement party downtown. Everyone else left and went home because, after all, it is Monday night. I made new friends at the bar and from there on out things are spotty. Not sure how I got from that bar to a little-known after-hours gay bar downtown, but I am just thankful that my newly found friends did not rip me off, rob me or worse. I did end up getting $100 out of the ATM which I don't remember at all. If not for a drink receipt in my wallet I would have no idea what bar I had been to. It is ridiculous and horrible. But I can go days without drinking otherwise. I feel like it would be more "normal" to be a home drinker and just keep my ass safe in my house. Can anyone else relate to my story? Glad to be here by the way. I'm scared shitless right now.
              Ok, see above post...that was in response to this ...can you tell I'm new?

Comment

Welcome all you newies
                It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

I am new too. I gave up binge drinking for 30 days, about a month ago. I felt good that I had done it and thought that i could start again in moderation, but i am having trouble with it. My husband loves to have a drink every afternoon, but i cant seem to stop at just a few glasses. I am terrified of not getting this under control and at having to reinvent myself after a least a decade of binge drinking

Comment

Only on day 4 but think I can handle it!

Can you tell me if Runnergirl9 has a post?

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
                    Hi mg72,

Welcome, glad yo're here!
                    Please feel free to join us on the 'Newbies Nest' & Monthly Abstinence threads. You'll find all the support you need to reach your goal
                    Join us as well Com 1!

Wishing you the best!

Lav

Comment

Thanks! I need more computer training...uggh!

Comment

I am very happy to be on my 5th day of sobriety and thinking reading and posting, here, will be very helpful! I still need to learn how the posting works! I even have a photo that comes up on my profile page, but it doesn't transfer here.

Everyone, have a great day!

Is there a place that explains how it all works here?
                        Last edited by Runnergirl9; October 21, 2014, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Hi RG, there is no tutorial page, but your "profile pic" only shows on your profile page, you need to pick an "avatar" (under edit your profile) to show up on your posts. Hope that helps, and congrats on Day 5!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thank you, abcowboy!

Comment

You're welcome! Enjoy another AF day my friend!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                              X