Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUOTES for today

Hi
    I love collecting quotations and wanted to share some which are relavant to a lot of my feelings....

"Anything that has power over you is "for" teaching you how to take your power back"

"Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom"

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal - Henry Ford

Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond - Rumi

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending

When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.

I would love it if you would add your own.......
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

QUOTES for today

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up.* ~Jesse Jackson

The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret".
      Ambrose Bierce

Comment

QUOTES for today

"A Man is what he thinks about all day"
        Emerson
        "It is not the length of life but the depth"

Emerson
        "A wonded deer jumps the highest"
        Dickenson
        "Be curious, not judgmental"
        Whitman
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

QUOTES for today

"The only way to have a friend is to be one." 
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happy is the person who can laugh at himself. He will never cease to be amused....
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

Friends are God's way of taking care of us

We need to find the courage to say NO to the things and people that are not serving us if we want to rediscover ourselves and live our lives with authenticity

The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

Saints are sinners who kept on going

The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning

Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

QUOTES for today

You aren't afraid of what you think you're afraid of -
you're afraid of what you think
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

never judge a man till you have walked a mile in his shoes....then you are a mile away and he has no shoes :P ... sorry had to.

aspy.
                    AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

QUOTES for today

"I think it says in the Bible - there is a time to dance to techno and a time not to."

Not really relevant, but Joe Strummer at his finest.
                      "It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

Comment

QUOTES for today

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
                        Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
                        It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
                        We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
                        Actually, who are you not to be?
                        You are a child of God.
                        Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
                        Nelson Mandela

Comment

QUOTES for today

Sometimes when we are genorous in small barely detectable ways, it can change someone else,s life forever.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

QUOTES for today

At twilight, nature is not without loveliness, though perhaps its chief use is to illustrate quotations from the poets.
                            - Oscar Wilde
                            Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                            AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

QUOTES for today

'There are none as blind as those that wont see' John Heywood 1546
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                              X