Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can body recover

I have fallen far from grace the last couple of weeks
    Friends staying and drinking all the time.
    Now I want to get back in the real world....
    My body is feeling dreadful
    Eyes red/yellow
    Headaches
    Same old roundabout -
    But - and this is new to me
    Dreadful pain in the upper back - not like back pain - but like something hurting inside my body
    wonder if anybody else suffers from this - and knows - what it is??
    regards
    Changeling

Can body recover

Sweet changeling

Did you say your eyes are yellow? And pain like within your body>
    I am not sure what it is - and I dont want to panic you - but if you have never felt this way before - I wouldnt risk anything. I think you should go to a doctor. Now. And get it checked out. If its nothing, Great! But you should get it checked. Please ok? And please let us know? We are here for you!
    LOve Jen
    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Can body recover

Yes I agree...yellow eyes usually means jaundice.
      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Can body recover

I would agree with Jenna and Preciouspinot...you should probably go see a doctor just in case.
        :boxer:Failure is NOT an option! :boxer:

Comment

Can body recover

ok we need a report back soon please. im worried.

Comment

Can body recover

does it hurt when you are hungover, or all the time? Do you notice that if you dont drink, it hurts more? One of the things that I notice is when I dont drink, I get pains every where and when I do drink, they magically go away.

Comment

Can body recover

Hi Changeling,
              Sounds like you need help and sobriety, but the body is a miraculous thing and can recover from the bulk of the cr*p we through at it if we give it a chance.

Hope you're feeling better
              Suz
              Suz
              Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Can body recover

Thanks for all your support
                After 2 days without drinking I am feeling much better today -
                Pain in my back has almost disapeared and eyes are clear and normal looking.
                I am living abroad (Spain) and do not have a doctor here yet - all the more reason to take better care of myself. We are in process of sorting out Private Healthcare and I will have a full checkup soon.
                Slept like a baby last night - and feeling full of renewed resolve to cut out the drink today.
                Regards

Comment

Can body recover

That's great to hear, Changeling.
                  Sounds like your body was rebelling to the booze...the bloodshot and yellow eyes, the pain. When you give your body enough time to get the stuff out of your system, get some water and nutrients pumping though, you feel better and your body can start to heal. That's wonderful.
                  A system check by a doctor may not be a bad idea, however. All of us "drinkers" put too much strain on our organs that are trying to keep toxins out of our bodies. It's a bit stressful, but worth it. I went into it thinking "OK, if I get bad results back, I can start changing things NOW rather than waiting until it's way too late. If I get good results back, Great! I haven't killed myself yet." sigh.
                  Chris, you too. It's a tough, brave, first step. I think we owe it to ourselves and our bodies, and especially if we have kids, we owe it to them to start taking care of ourselves a bit better. Try try.
                  Good for you, Changeling. Keep it up!

Comment

Can body recover

oops!

That last message from "unregistered" was from me. Sorry! I hadn't logged in. By the way, All my liver tests came back A-OK
                    Take care,:h

Comment

Can body recover

I know what you mean...
                      between shoulder blades...it is the easophagus...inflamed...I have it a lot...uch:

Comment

Working...
                      X